printing - DICOM

This is a discussion on printing - DICOM ; Hi all, I use linux in a dicom network, I need to send to an ethernet printer some postscript, but I cannot print RGB page.. everything is print with grayscale.. Is it possible to use dicom protocol to help me ...

  1. printing

    Hi all,
    I use linux in a dicom network, I need to send to an ethernet printer
    some postscript, but I cannot print RGB page.. everything is print
    with grayscale.. Is it possible to use dicom protocol to help me to
    print RGB page?
    thank you

  2. Re: printing

    > Hi all,
    > I use linux in a dicom network, I need to send to an ethernet printer
    > some postscript, but I cannot print RGB page.. everything is print
    > with grayscale.. Is it possible to use dicom protocol to help me to
    > print RGB page?

    no

    you should convert those images to grayscale (google it .. normaly you
    have to give green more weight during the conversion)
    and convert those images to ps.
    normaly there should be some tools for linux available to do this.
    but this is off-topic here

  3. Re: printing

    dodulandia@gmail.com wrote:

    > I use linux in a dicom network, I need to send to an ethernet printer
    > some postscript, but I cannot print RGB page.. everything is print
    > with grayscale.. Is it possible to use dicom protocol to help me to
    > print RGB page?

    DCMPRINT supports the DICOM service "Basic Color Print Management" and the
    SCP in this package also creates PostScript output if this is what you are
    looking for. See http://dicom.offis.de/dcmprint for details.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier

+ Reply to Thread