JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3 - DICOM

This is a discussion on JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3 - DICOM ; Does any one has experience with JPEG Compression and Decompression using MergeCOM-3. Share your experience Please....

  1. JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    Does any one has experience with JPEG Compression and Decompression
    using MergeCOM-3. Share your experience Please.

  2. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    Shafiq schrieb:
    > Does any one has experience with JPEG Compression and Decompression
    > using MergeCOM-3. Share your experience Please.

    we are about intergrating Pegasus using mc3adv.
    there seems to be a bug in m3adv with MC_Duplicate_Message for this
    reason we are waiting for a fix

  3. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    On Feb 20, 7:33 pm, Sascha Bohnenkamp
    wrote:
    > Shafiq schrieb:
    >
    > > Does any one has experience with JPEG Compression and Decompression
    > > using MergeCOM-3. Share your experience Please.

    > we are about intergrating Pegasus using mc3adv.
    > there seems to be a bug in m3adv with MC_Duplicate_Message for this
    > reason we are waiting for a fix

    I have a strange behaviour in JPEG Lossy Compression/decompression
    using MergeCom-3.

    A 600 x 800 file can be compressed/decompressed correctly.

    The version of MC3ADV.DLL is 3.5.0.5

  4. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    > I have a strange behaviour in JPEG Lossy Compression/decompression
    > using MergeCom-3.

    As I said there is a bug in MC_Duplicate_Message, which is used for
    compression/decompression. This bug is at leat in 3.6.x and 3.7 ib 5
    Maybe you have to contact merge-support with your problem.

    I think it is the same problem and it should to be fixed soon.
    (I hope )

  5. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    Thanks very much for sharing this information. I am summarizing the
    issue i have faced and the work around I adopted.

    JPEG Lossy compression/decompression is working only for images having
    certain resolution. For images with row and column are 600 x 800
    compression/decompression using merge library is working fine. But for
    images other than 600 x 800 (for e.g.: 476 x 640, 537 x 716), if
    compressed using merge library and decompressed the same image (image
    compressed using merge library), the size of the pixel data in the
    uncompressed image is not as same as the original image. The size gets
    reduced due to the missing of some rows in the uncompressed image. Due
    to this some DICOM viewers like Osris and Sante Editor does not
    display this uncompressed image.

    However, if I size the row and column of the image that have rows and
    columns 476 x 640 or 537 x 716 to 600 x 800, there is no problem while
    compressing/decompressing. Also there is no problem, if we size the
    row and column of the image that have rows and columns 537 x 716 to
    536 x 714 and of images 476 x 640 to 480 x 640 or 472 x 640.

    >From the above sample I guess that, to get correct uncompressed image,

    change the rows of original image to multiples of 8. That is, either
    add 7 rows / delete 7 rows at the max. Deleting just requires updating
    the pixel data size. Adding is also easy, 7 rows (max) is hardly
    noticeable. Since deleting the 7 rows might cause for loss of
    information, this is completely ruled. I prefer adding the 7 rows to
    over come this issue.

    Please note that all the images are having photmetric interpretation
    RGB and the samples per pixel is 8.

    Shafiq

  6. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    Shafiq,

    Are you constrained to using the Merge tools. Laurel Bridge
    Software'ss Dicom Connectivity Framework product supports all the
    various
    Lossy/Lossless JPEG formats. I think it can also optionally use the
    Aware JPEG libraries if the end user so desires, but it is not
    required.

  7. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    DelFarmer wrote:
    > Shafiq,
    >
    > Are you constrained to using the Merge tools. Laurel Bridge
    > Software'ss Dicom Connectivity Framework product supports all the
    > various
    > Lossy/Lossless JPEG formats. I think it can also optionally use the
    > Aware JPEG libraries if the end user so desires, but it is not
    > required.

    Delfarmer,

    I need to stick with this.

  8. Re: JPEG Compression/Decompression using MergeCom-3

    Hi Shafiq,

    The 3.5.0.5 version of MergeCOM-3 had a number of defects in it
    related to compression with the Pegasus libraries. These problems
    were resolved in a subsequent release. Please contact Merge/Cedara at
    mc3support at cedara.com for further information.

    Best regards,
    Steve

    On Feb 21, 9:10 am, "Shafiq" wrote:
    > Thanks very much for sharing this information. I am summarizing the
    > issue i have faced and the work around I adopted.
    >
    > JPEG Lossy compression/decompression is working only for images having
    > certain resolution. For images with row and column are 600 x 800
    > compression/decompression using merge library is working fine. But for
    > images other than 600 x 800 (for e.g.: 476 x 640, 537 x 716), if
    > compressed using merge library and decompressed the same image (image
    > compressed using merge library), the size of the pixel data in the
    > uncompressed image is not as same as the original image. The size gets
    > reduced due to the missing of some rows in the uncompressed image. Due
    > to this some DICOM viewers like Osris and Sante Editor does not
    > display this uncompressed image.
    >
    > However, if I size the row and column of the image that have rows and
    > columns 476 x 640 or 537 x 716 to 600 x 800, there is no problem while
    > compressing/decompressing. Also there is no problem, if we size the
    > row and column of the image that have rows and columns 537 x 716 to
    > 536 x 714 and of images 476 x 640 to 480 x 640 or 472 x 640.
    >
    > >From the above sample I guess that, to get correct uncompressed image,

    > change the rows of original image to multiples of 8. That is, either
    > add 7 rows / delete 7 rows at the max. Deleting just requires updating
    > the pixel data size. Adding is also easy, 7 rows (max) is hardly
    > noticeable. Since deleting the 7 rows might cause for loss of
    > information, this is completely ruled. I prefer adding the 7 rows to
    > over come this issue.
    >
    > Please note that all the images are having photmetric interpretation
    > RGB and the samples per pixel is 8.
    >
    > Shafiq

+ Reply to Thread