Hello,

I just checked the DICOM spec. It doesn't clearly correlate 'Image
Position Patient' and 'Slice Thickness'. If IPP is the position of
the center of the first transmitted voxel of the slice, then

1. Is the slice CENTERED about this position?

2. Or, does the thickness start at this position, and INCREASE in the
direction of the slice plane normal?

3. Or, does the thickness start at this position, and DECREASE in the
direction of the slice plane normal?

While I could make my life a lot simpler by assuming WHATEVER
simplifies my calculations, it would be technically wrong if I do so,
especially in cases where slices can be as much as 8mm thick! Don't
you think?

Regards,
Harry