Problem about MR Image Storage multi-frame - DICOM

This is a discussion on Problem about MR Image Storage multi-frame - DICOM ; Hello, I'm working with cardiac MR Image Storage, so how could I know the number of slices for every frame in a multi-frame dataset? I tried some tags but I don't find it. Thanks. Roger...

  1. Problem about MR Image Storage multi-frame

    Hello,

    I'm working with cardiac MR Image Storage, so how could I know the
    number of slices for every frame in a multi-frame dataset? I tried
    some tags but I don't find it.

    Thanks.

    Roger

  2. Re: Problem about MR Image Storage multi-frame

    > I'm working with cardiac MR Image Storage, so how could I know the
    > number of slices for every frame in a multi-frame dataset? I tried
    > some tags but I don't find it.

    see

    (0028,0008) Number of Frames VR=IS Mult=1

  3. Re: Problem about MR Image Storage multi-frame

    I tried this tag but my datasets don't have this information. We use a
    phillips magnetic resonance machine, do you know if phillips uses a
    not standards or private tags for this information?

    Thanks.

    Roger

  4. Re: Problem about MR Image Storage multi-frame

    Hi Roger

    Do you really have a multi-frame image, or a bunch of single
    frames; the latter most likely unless you have the very latest
    Philips release and a system that will accept that type of image.

    The bottom line is that for single frame images that constitute
    a set you just have to count the number of images (files) that you
    have that are in the same series, and even then, cardiac acquisitions
    may span series (e.g., be sorted into one nominal cardiac cycle
    position per series).

    But if you can get the Philips to put our an Enhanced MR object,
    then Number of Frames (0028,0008) is the attribute that you want.

    David

    Sascha Bohnenkamp wrote:
    >> I'm working with cardiac MR Image Storage, so how could I know the
    >> number of slices for every frame in a multi-frame dataset? I tried
    >> some tags but I don't find it.

    > see
    >
    > (0028,0008) Number of Frames VR=IS Mult=1

+ Reply to Thread