IHE Patient Information Reconciliation for Acquisition Modality - DICOM

This is a discussion on IHE Patient Information Reconciliation for Acquisition Modality - DICOM ; Can someone help me understand the IHE profile Patient Information Reconciliation with respect to the actor Acquisition Modality? It appears that in all of the sequence diagrams, the Patient Reconciliation event occurs after all communication with the Acquisition Modality. Is ...

  1. IHE Patient Information Reconciliation for Acquisition Modality

    Can someone help me understand the IHE profile Patient
    Information Reconciliation with respect to the actor
    Acquisition Modality?

    It appears that in all of the sequence diagrams, the
    Patient Reconciliation event occurs after all
    communication with the Acquisition Modality.

    Is there any additional behavior mandated on the part
    of the Acquisition Modality beyond that in the Scheduled
    Workflow profile for the Patient Information Reconciliation
    profile?

    It appears that if a device can claim conformance to the
    Scheduled Workflow profile as an Acquisition Modality, then
    it can automatically claim conformance to the Patient
    Information Reconciliation profile as an Acquisition
    Modality. Is this correct?

    Stephen

  2. Re: IHE Patient Information Reconciliation for Acquisition Modality

    As a participant in IHE connecthaton 2005 (with an acquisition
    modality), there was nothing specific we had to do in order to get the
    PIR asterisk.

  3. Re: IHE Patient Information Reconciliation for Acquisition Modality

    On Jan 17, 2:09 am, "Stephen Marschall"
    wrote:
    > Can someone help me understand the IHE profile Patient
    > Information Reconciliation with respect to the actor
    > Acquisition Modality?
    >
    > It appears that in all of the sequence diagrams, the
    > Patient Reconciliation event occurs after all
    > communication with the Acquisition Modality.
    >
    > Is there any additional behavior mandated on the part
    > of the Acquisition Modality beyond that in the Scheduled
    > Workflow profile for the Patient Information Reconciliation
    > profile?
    >
    > It appears that if a device can claim conformance to the
    > Scheduled Workflow profile as an Acquisition Modality, then
    > it can automatically claim conformance to the Patient
    > Information Reconciliation profile as an Acquisition
    > Modality. Is this correct?
    >
    > Stephen

    Not exactly, the modality must be able to get the correct worklist
    every time it starts a new exam. That is, you should demonstrate that
    when a correction is made to the worklist in the OF, the modality will
    get it corrected. There is also a MESA tools test for this (271).

    Regards.

    Luigi Pampana-Biancheri
    mailto:luigi.pampana@REMOVETHIS.esaote.com

+ Reply to Thread