Annotations location - DICOM

This is a discussion on Annotations location - DICOM ; I have a Phillips DSA Unit that when the images are sent to a PACS the annotations placed by the technologist are not located in the same location as they were on the Phillips unit itself. Do the annotations have ...

  1. Annotations location

    I have a Phillips DSA Unit that when the images are sent to a PACS the
    annotations placed by the technologist are not located in the same
    location as they were on the Phillips unit itself.

    Do the annotations have a location assigned to them in the DICOM header
    that I could Dump from the PACS to see what location is being sent to
    us????

  2. Re: Annotations location

    Hi Doug,

    I think that most vendors do not send the "annotations" as a stand
    alone data in the header (if they do so the image DICOM header is not
    sufficient - it might be included in a different DICOM IOD referencing
    the image), but the PACS / workstation has their own customization of
    overlays from the image attributes (name, Id etc.).

+ Reply to Thread