Printing patient name and details on film - DICOM

This is a discussion on Printing patient name and details on film - DICOM ; I am able to use the PrintSCU and PrintSCP to print a plain dicom image on a film using Kodak Dryview printer. But I could not figure out how to print the details on the film such as Patient name, ...

  1. Printing patient name and details on film

    I am able to use the PrintSCU and PrintSCP to print a plain dicom image
    on a film using Kodak Dryview printer. But I could not figure out how
    to print the details on the film such as Patient name, DOB, Hospital
    Name and other details such as MR Sequence details.

    Would anyone point me in the right direction?

  2. Re: Printing patient name and details on film

    ramesh.s.raghavan@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am able to use the PrintSCU and PrintSCP to print a plain dicom image
    > on a film using Kodak Dryview printer. But I could not figure out how
    > to print the details on the film such as Patient name, DOB, Hospital
    > Name and other details such as MR Sequence details.
    >
    > Would anyone point me in the right direction?

    Ramesh,
    things like Patient name, Hospital and so on are not part of the DICOM
    messages for printing in terms of a Tag. Instead the PrintSCU e.g.
    workstation will add this texts to the pixel data. Most workstations
    are configurable so you can select which information to print at which
    position.
    The basic idea with DICOM printing is that SCU and SCP work together
    to get high quality print results. The image data is created by the SCU
    and not necessarily identical to the original DICOM image you would
    store on a PACS. There are no informations like Patient Name, Dates and
    so on in the DICOM print messages. In DICOM terms: printing works with
    different information entities (Printer, print session, film box, image
    box...) not with patient, study, series.
    Depending on what PrintSCU you use have a look if it is configurable to
    add the desired information

    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread