Where to get the protocol code for MPPS? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Where to get the protocol code for MPPS? - DICOM ; In DICOM MPPS(Modality Performed Procedure Step), we can find the attribute of Scheduled Protocol Code Sequence(0040, 0008). I want to use it for the test of MPPS. However, it is hard to find them by GOOGLE. Who know where to ...

  1. Where to get the protocol code for MPPS?

    In DICOM MPPS(Modality Performed Procedure Step), we can find the
    attribute of Scheduled Protocol Code Sequence(0040, 0008). I want to
    use it for the test of MPPS. However, it is hard to find them by
    GOOGLE. Who know where to get them for processing my test. Thanks so
    much.

  2. Re: Where to get the protocol code for MPPS?

    Protocol Codes are generally specific to each site (there are no
    standard code value sets). Your system must be configurable to use a
    locally defined value set, including appropriate handling of the
    Coding Scheme Designator and Coding Scheme Version (it is the
    combination of the Coding Scheme Designator [and Version, when
    present] and the Code Value that uniquely identifies the coded
    concept).

    See for example the codes used in the IHE Connectathon tests at:
    http://ihedoc.wustl.edu/mesasoftware...2007.01.10.pdf

    - Harry Solomon

  3. Re: Where to get the protocol code for MPPS?

    On Jul 21, 12:55*pm, Harry Solomon wrote:
    > Protocol Codes are generally specific to each site (there are no
    > standard code value sets). *Your system must be configurable to use a
    > locally defined value set, including appropriate handling of the
    > Coding Scheme Designator and Coding Scheme Version (it is the
    > combination of the Coding Scheme Designator [and Version, when
    > present] and the Code Value that uniquely identifies the coded
    > concept).
    >
    > See for example the codes used in the IHE Connectathon tests at:http://ihedoc.wustl.edu/mesasoftware...de_tables_2007...
    >
    > - Harry Solomon

    When we publish the codes for the MESA tests, we create codes that are
    obvious fakes. The goal is to bring attention to the requirement for
    confguration and not have developers assume that there is one standard
    set of codes (would that there were).

    Steve Moore
    Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology

+ Reply to Thread