Pseudo color: Standard Algorithm available? - DICOM

This is a discussion on Pseudo color: Standard Algorithm available? - DICOM ; Dear Friends I would like to know is there any standard algorithm for applying Pseudo Color on a DICOM image pixel data. I have a DIOCM viewer which is using DCMTK for extracting Pixel data. What I understand from http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php...ghlight=pseudo ...

  1. Pseudo color: Standard Algorithm available?

    Dear Friends

    I would like to know is there any standard algorithm for applying
    Pseudo Color on a DICOM image pixel data.

    I have a DIOCM viewer which is using DCMTK for extracting Pixel data.
    What I understand from
    http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php...ghlight=pseudo, there is
    no support for Pseudo coloring in DCMTK.

    Thanks very much for any pointers or suggestions!

    Alvin

  2. Re: Pseudo color: Standard Algorithm available?

    alvin wrote:
    > Dear Friends
    >
    > I would like to know is there any standard algorithm for applying
    > Pseudo Color on a DICOM image pixel data.
    >
    > I have a DIOCM viewer which is using DCMTK for extracting Pixel data.
    > What I understand from
    > http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php...ghlight=pseudo, there is
    > no support for Pseudo coloring in DCMTK.
    >
    > Thanks very much for any pointers or suggestions!
    >
    > Alvin

    I do not know if there is any standard but you can use K-PACS to apply
    a couple of pseudocolor formats. ImageJ from the NIH has a big
    selection of lookup tables you can use as well.
    Tom

  3. Re: Pseudo color: Standard Algorithm available?

    Dear Tom
    Thanks for the response.
    I already had a look at the ImageJ code.
    Since the code is on JAVA, it will be helpful if the any code from c++.

    Regards
    Alvin

    TDwyer wrote:
    > alvin wrote:
    > > Dear Friends
    > >
    > > I would like to know is there any standard algorithm for applying
    > > Pseudo Color on a DICOM image pixel data.
    > >
    > > I have a DIOCM viewer which is using DCMTK for extracting Pixel data.
    > > What I understand from
    > > http://forum.dcmtk.org/viewtopic.php...ghlight=pseudo, there is
    > > no support for Pseudo coloring in DCMTK.
    > >
    > > Thanks very much for any pointers or suggestions!
    > >
    > > Alvin

    > I do not know if there is any standard but you can use K-PACS to apply
    > a couple of pseudocolor formats. ImageJ from the NIH has a big
    > selection of lookup tables you can use as well.
    > Tom

+ Reply to Thread