Hi all,

I Posted this message weeks ago but nobody replied so i send it again
hoping that someone will know the answer and reply this time.

I have a problem with some sequences in the MPPS SOP, the DICOM
standard says explicitly when there is a sequence with only single item

so I suppose that the default is sequences with multi-item if not said
otherwise.

I found some sequences in the MPPS that I think by there meaning they
should be single item sequence, but still not sure since the standard
didn't say anything about it.

The following are the sequences and the module they are in, any
confirmation how I should represent them (as multi-item or single item)

will be helpful:

Procedure Code Sequence (0008,1032) under the Performed Procedure Step
Information Module. (I believe DICOM says its single item and IHE
recommend to have items as much as there are requested Procedures in a
Group case)

Performed Procedure Step Discontinuation Reason Code Sequence
(0040,0281) under the Performed Procedure Step Information Module.

Referenced Patient Sequence (0008,1120) under Performed Procedure Step
Relationship Module: since I believe this sequence refer to the same
sequence in the Visit Module so it should be single item but the
standard doesn't say that.

Referenced Study Sequence (0008,1110) under the Scheduled Step
attribute Sequence in the Performed Procedure Step Relationship Module:

This has many contradiction since the standard says it's a single
item sequence but the IHE says its value should be copied from the
multi-item sequence in the Requested Procedure, so I'm lost how to
treat it.

Please any explanation for this.

Thanks
Zaid H. Safadi