free DICOM file inspection util - DICOM

This is a discussion on free DICOM file inspection util - DICOM ; Hi All, I finally got some time to get an update of my DICOM Inspector.NET utility together an now it's available (still free:-) There have been a lot of enhancements to the basic tool since the last version including tag ...

  1. free DICOM file inspection util

    Hi All,

    I finally got some time to get an update of my DICOM Inspector.NET utility
    together an now it's available (still free:-) There have been a lot of
    enhancements to the basic tool since the last version including tag data
    display and Specific Character Set support

    v0.3.0.0
    Development and bug fix (not released)
    Fixed Sequence Item and tag highlighting issue
    Fixed DICOM parsing issue where parser would stop prematurely before end of
    file
    Fixed splash screen modal behavour

    v0.4.0.0
    Updated to Dicom 2007 dictionary
    Added tag values property (not including arrays)
    Added specific character set support for string tag decoding
    Added click on hex syncs to tag
    Added two colour hilighting
    Added drag and drop opens DICOM file
    Added auto close if splash not OK'd after 5 minutes

    Feel free to grab a copy. http://wrs-stuff.co.uk/dicom.htm

    Hope it's useful

    Ross

  2. Re: free DICOM file inspection util

    Hi Ross,

    > Updated to Dicom 2007 dictionary

    You're fast ! Thanks for posting your DICOM dictionary in XML format.
    BTW what do you mean by:

    " .download the current version here still for free"

    Are you planning to sell this software in the near future ?

    Thanks
    -Mathieu

  3. Re: free DICOM file inspection util

    Hi all,

    > You're fast ! Thanks for posting your DICOM dictionary in XML format.

    You're welcome. I'm currently between contracts so I have a couple of spare
    hours here and there ;-) The xml format of my dictionary is quite simple
    though and it may or may not suite others needs. Hope it's usful.

    > Are you planning to sell this software in the near future ?

    Hmm. As it stands at this point I do not think there is functionality to
    justify selling the Inspector tool but there may be one day so I just keep
    my options open for now.

    Enjoy,

    Ross

    "Mathieu Malaterre" wrote in message
    news:1167918349.618289.317780@q40g2000cwq.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi Ross,
    >
    >> Updated to Dicom 2007 dictionary

    > You're fast ! Thanks for posting your DICOM dictionary in XML format.
    > BTW what do you mean by:
    >
    > " .download the current version here still for free"
    >
    > Are you planning to sell this software in the near future ?
    >
    > Thanks
    > -Mathieu

  4. Re: free DICOM file inspection util

    Hi Ross,

    I really like the tool a lot!

    I've been working with DICOM and C# lately. Did you write your own
    parsing class?

    Thanks for the great product,

    -Lint Radley

    Ross wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I finally got some time to get an update of my DICOM Inspector.NET utility
    > together an now it's available (still free:-) There have been a lot of
    > enhancements to the basic tool since the last version including tag data
    > display and Specific Character Set support
    >
    > v0.3.0.0
    > Development and bug fix (not released)
    > Fixed Sequence Item and tag highlighting issue
    > Fixed DICOM parsing issue where parser would stop prematurely before end of
    > file
    > Fixed splash screen modal behavour
    >
    > v0.4.0.0
    > Updated to Dicom 2007 dictionary
    > Added tag values property (not including arrays)
    > Added specific character set support for string tag decoding
    > Added click on hex syncs to tag
    > Added two colour hilighting
    > Added drag and drop opens DICOM file
    > Added auto close if splash not OK'd after 5 minutes
    >
    > Feel free to grab a copy. http://wrs-stuff.co.uk/dicom.htm
    >
    > Hope it's useful
    >
    > Ross

  5. Re: free DICOM file inspection util

    Hello Ross,

    Ross wrote:

    > Feel free to grab a copy. http://wrs-stuff.co.uk/dicom.htm

    Just done that, it looks very useful - thanks for providing this tool. I
    think I will use it especially in presentations and demonstrations, is
    this OK by you?

    The Dicom Dictionary is also very useful work, my own implementation
    uses attributes rather than nodes for the "information inside" the
    elements, which makes it easier to use the InnerText for storing
    element's values in implementations... Just a remark / tip...

    Thank you for your contribution, have a nice new year (and soon a
    rewarding new contract ;-) )

    Kind regards,

    Peter

  6. Re: free DICOM file inspection util

    Hi Lint,

    Thanks for the + feedback. Yes, I have a number of years of working with
    DICOM so I wrote the data set parser from scratch in C#.

    Cheers

    Ross

    "Lint Radley" wrote in message
    > Hi Ross,
    >

    > I really like the tool a lot!
    >
    > I've been working with DICOM and C# lately. Did you write your own parsing
    > class?
    >
    > Thanks for the great product,
    >
    > -Lint Radley
    >
    > Ross wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I finally got some time to get an update of my DICOM Inspector.NET
    >> utility together an now it's available (still free:-) There have been a
    >> lot of enhancements to the basic tool since the last version including
    >> tag data display and Specific Character Set support
    >>
    >> v0.3.0.0
    >> Development and bug fix (not released)
    >> Fixed Sequence Item and tag highlighting issue
    >> Fixed DICOM parsing issue where parser would stop prematurely before end
    >> of file
    >> Fixed splash screen modal behavour
    >>
    >> v0.4.0.0
    >> Updated to Dicom 2007 dictionary
    >> Added tag values property (not including arrays)
    >> Added specific character set support for string tag decoding
    >> Added click on hex syncs to tag
    >> Added two colour hilighting
    >> Added drag and drop opens DICOM file
    >> Added auto close if splash not OK'd after 5 minutes
    >>
    >> Feel free to grab a copy. http://wrs-stuff.co.uk/dicom.htm
    >>
    >> Hope it's useful
    >>
    >> Ross

  7. Re: free DICOM file inspection util

    Hi Peter,

    Again thanks for the + feedback - it's good to know that the tool is usful.
    As it stands at this point anyone can use this version as they like within
    the licence agreement - so enjoy.

    Thanks for the input about the dictionary. The format I've used just now is
    just as simple as I could make it but that's the nice thing about xml - it's
    easier to transform into other formats if needed.

    Cheers

    RS

    "Peter B Schmidt" wrote in message
    > Hello Ross,
    >
    > Ross wrote:
    >
    >> Feel free to grab a copy. http://wrs-stuff.co.uk/dicom.htm

    > Just done that, it looks very useful - thanks for providing this tool. I
    > think I will use it especially in presentations and demonstrations, is
    > this OK by you?
    >
    > The Dicom Dictionary is also very useful work, my own implementation
    > uses attributes rather than nodes for the "information inside" the
    > elements, which makes it easier to use the InnerText for storing
    > element's values in implementations... Just a remark / tip...
    >
    > Thank you for your contribution, have a nice new year (and soon a
    > rewarding new contract ;-) )
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Peter

+ Reply to Thread