RetrieveAeTitle Tag - DICOM

This is a discussion on RetrieveAeTitle Tag - DICOM ; Hello I have one doubt the RetrieveAETitle, what returns ? I have a PACS which is called "DICOMS", and when I ask for RetrieveAEtitle in its studies, the tag value returns "PACS2". Can be this possible? Would'nt be value RetrieveAEtitle ...

  1. RetrieveAeTitle Tag

    Hello I have one doubt the RetrieveAETitle, what returns ?

    I have a PACS which is called "DICOMS", and when I ask for
    RetrieveAEtitle in its studies, the tag value returns "PACS2".

    Can be this possible?

    Would'nt be value RetrieveAEtitle the name of the PACS ? in this case
    "DICOMS", not "PACS2"

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: RetrieveAeTitle Tag

    Of course when I say RetrieveAetitle I refer to RetrieveAETitle dicom
    tag

    On Dec 27, 12:05 pm, "focus" wrote:
    > Hello I have one doubt the RetrieveAETitle, what returns ?
    >
    > I have a PACS which is called "DICOMS", and when I ask for
    > RetrieveAEtitle in its studies, the tag value returns "PACS2".
    >
    > Can be this possible?
    >
    > Would'nt be value RetrieveAEtitle the name of the PACS ? in this case
    > "DICOMS", not "PACS2"
    >
    > Thanks in advance

  3. Re: RetrieveAeTitle Tag

    focus wrote:
    > Of course when I say RetrieveAetitle I refer to RetrieveAETitle dicom
    > tag
    >
    > On Dec 27, 12:05 pm, "focus" wrote:
    > > Hello I have one doubt the RetrieveAETitle, what returns ?
    > >
    > > I have a PACS which is called "DICOMS", and when I ask for
    > > RetrieveAEtitle in its studies, the tag value returns "PACS2".
    > >
    > > Can be this possible?
    > >
    > > Would'nt be value RetrieveAEtitle the name of the PACS ? in this case
    > > "DICOMS", not "PACS2"
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance

    One would normally expect the PACS Store SCP AE Title to be the same as
    the Query/Retrieve SCP AE Title, but this is not neccessarily the case.
    The PACS architecture could be such that a different software process
    listens for and receives DICOM query/retrieve requests on a different
    TCP port, using a different AE Title than the software process which
    listens for and receives DICOM storage requests.

    However, it is possible your situation is just a simple configuration
    issue. The PACS DICOM interface software does not neccessarily use the
    same configuration file or database record to get the string it uses
    for its AE Title as it does for the value it inserts into query
    configurable parameters on the system.

    I suggest you look through your PACS configuration files for the string
    "PACS2" and see what comments might be included near it. You might also
    see if it is documented in your PACS installation or administration
    documentation.

+ Reply to Thread