Data Integrity - DICOM

This is a discussion on Data Integrity - DICOM ; I am curious how hospitals deal with data integrity with DICOM files. Within the "HL7" world patient data can be created, updated, linked, merged etc. After using patient data coming from the Modality Worklist and having created DICOM files it ...

  1. Data Integrity

    I am curious how hospitals deal with data integrity with DICOM files.
    Within the "HL7" world patient data can be created, updated, linked,
    merged etc. After using patient data coming from the Modality Worklist
    and having created DICOM files it is, to my knowledge, not possible to
    use any HL7 updates to change the DICOM header information
    automatically. Within the PACS this should be more flexible as metadata
    and image (or other information) can be stored separately. If you find
    time can you give me your view on this issue?

    Best regards

    Jan Rorive

  2. Re: Data Integrity

    Jan -

    Please see the IHE Radiology Patient Information Reconciliation
    Profile. This specifies how a PACS must update DICOM objects with
    demographic updates.

    - Harry Solomon
    GE Healthcare

+ Reply to Thread