private tags - DICOM

This is a discussion on private tags - DICOM ; Hi, I'm still trying to interpret the DICOM standard's explanation of what group/element tags we can use for our private information. I have been using some arbitrary combination which seems to work ok, but I'm sure this will cause problems ...

  1. private tags

    Hi,

    I'm still trying to interpret the DICOM standard's explanation of what
    group/element tags we can use for our private information. I have been
    using some arbitrary combination which seems to work ok, but I'm sure
    this will cause problems down the line since it probably conflicts with
    what the standard wants.

    Can someone please explain to me in basics which group/element numbers
    we should use for private tags?

    Also, is there a guide for programmers and DICOM? Any books etc?

    Thanks

  2. Re: private tags

    Ok I just read a section in the 'DICOM Basics' book about private tags.
    It says users must reserve a block of elements for their use. Other
    users must scan through the blocks until it finds a free one to use.

    So, how do you mark a section as your own? And how do you know someone
    else has already reserved another block?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    markww wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm still trying to interpret the DICOM standard's explanation of what
    > group/element tags we can use for our private information. I have been
    > using some arbitrary combination which seems to work ok, but I'm sure
    > this will cause problems down the line since it probably conflicts with
    > what the standard wants.
    >
    > Can someone please explain to me in basics which group/element numbers
    > we should use for private tags?
    >
    > Also, is there a guide for programmers and DICOM? Any books etc?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: private tags

    please read this link.
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....48d551d9a8aba0

    with regards
    Ravindran Padmanabhan.

    markww wrote:
    > Ok I just read a section in the 'DICOM Basics' book about private tags.
    > It says users must reserve a block of elements for their use. Other
    > users must scan through the blocks until it finds a free one to use.
    >
    > So, how do you mark a section as your own? And how do you know someone
    > else has already reserved another block?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark
    >

    > markww wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm still trying to interpret the DICOM standard's explanation of what
    > > group/element tags we can use for our private information. I have been
    > > using some arbitrary combination which seems to work ok, but I'm sure
    > > this will cause problems down the line since it probably conflicts with
    > > what the standard wants.
    > >
    > > Can someone please explain to me in basics which group/element numbers
    > > we should use for private tags?
    > >
    > > Also, is there a guide for programmers and DICOM? Any books etc?
    > >
    > > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread