Hanging Protocols - DICOM

This is a discussion on Hanging Protocols - DICOM ; Hello everyone, I am looking for the basic information(suitable for a novice) on the Hanging Protocols like its purpose, pros n cons, minimal implementation etc. Can somebody help me by providing some references to it. Thanks & Regards, Neo...

  1. Hanging Protocols

    Hello everyone,

    I am looking for the basic information(suitable for a novice) on the
    Hanging Protocols like its purpose, pros n cons, minimal implementation etc.
    Can somebody help me by providing some references to it.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Neo

  2. Re: Hanging Protocols

    > I am looking for the basic information(suitable for a novice) on the
    > Hanging Protocols like its purpose,

    Basics (I mean *basics*) are covered in the book "DICOM Basics" by
    OTech

    http://www.otechimg.com/productDetails.cfm?id=B-105ebk

    best regards,
    Michal Kostrzewa

  3. Re: Hanging Protocols

    Thanks for providing the link.
    Can you provide some free source of information too?

    Thanks & Regards,
    Neo

    wrote in message
    news:1166439127.033756.159250@l12g2000cwl.googlegr oups.com...
    >> I am looking for the basic information(suitable for a novice) on the
    >> Hanging Protocols like its purpose,

    > Basics (I mean *basics*) are covered in the book "DICOM Basics" by
    > OTech
    >
    > http://www.otechimg.com/productDetails.cfm?id=B-105ebk
    >
    > best regards,
    > Michal Kostrzewa

  4. Re: Hanging Protocols

    Hi Neo

    Please have a look at part 3 page 206 of DICOM manuals 2006 for
    understanding of Hanging protocol IOD.

    "A Hanging Protocol entity specifies the viewing preferences of a
    specific user or group, for a
    specific type of study (Modality, Anatomy, Laterality combination, and
    optionally Procedure,
    and/or Reason), that may be exchanged between connecting devices that
    claim conformance to the DICOM Standard. The Hanging Protocol contains
    information about the Hanging Protocol, the creator, the type of study
    it addresses, the type of image sets to display, the intended display
    environment, and the intended layout for the screen(s)."

    Please go through the references also C.12.1, C.23.1, C.23.2, C.23.3 in
    part 3 for more details about Hanging protocol IOD modules.

    You can find latest DICOM manuals from David clunie's site:
    http://www.dclunie.com/dicom-status/...seStandard2006
    download the base standard 2006.

    I hope this helps.

    Regards
    Bimalendu

    neo wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am looking for the basic information(suitable for a novice) on the
    > Hanging Protocols like its purpose, pros n cons, minimal implementation etc.
    > Can somebody help me by providing some references to it.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Neo

+ Reply to Thread