DRPT IHE profile - DICOM

This is a discussion on DRPT IHE profile - DICOM ; Hi list! I suspect this list is not the best place to ask this question, yet I didn't find it even on rsna formus either, please enlighten me Does anybody know why the newest revision of IHE Cardiology Technical Framework ...

  1. DRPT IHE profile

    Hi list!

    I suspect this list is not the best place to ask this question, yet I
    didn't find it even on rsna formus either, please enlighten me

    Does anybody know why the newest revision of IHE Cardiology Technical
    Framework (revision 2.1 from June 8, 2006, Final Text version), says
    about Displayable Reports only this:

    2.2.4 Displayable Reports (DRPT)
    This section reserved.

    (and the same in chapters supposed to be more detailed description of
    DRPT)

    The previous version available from IHE's site (Trial Implementation
    Version, Publication Date: June 27, 2005) *does have* proper
    information.

    Does anybody know why did it vanish? Any idease where should I look for
    such informations?

    best regards,
    Michal Kostrzewa

  2. Re: DRPT IHE profile

    Hi, Michal -

    The issue that caused the temporary withdrawl of DRPT is posted in RSNA
    Forums: http://forums.rsna.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=624

    During the trial implementation period (last year) we noted that HL7
    v2.5 (which we should be using under the IHE-HL7 MOU) states that we
    should be using MDM rather than ORU messages.

    The DRPT profile was therefore put on hold for this year while this
    change is put into place, and also to allow additional coordination
    with the Radiology and ITI domains with regard to the larger picture of
    reporting workflow. In fact there is now an IHE task group (mostly an
    email listserv) for reporting.

    We expect to publish the revised DRPT this spring for a second trial
    implementation period.

    - Harry Solomon
    ex-co-chair IHE Cardiology Tech Cttee

  3. Re: DRPT IHE profile