Any good open source or free dicom viewer - DICOM

This is a discussion on Any good open source or free dicom viewer - DICOM ; I'm looking for a DICOM viewer that can open stacks, window/level the whole stack and save the images as JPEG or PNG. dicomworks won't open the images saved from GE PACS. ezDICOM won't window/level the whole stack. Univiewer won't even ...

  1. Any good open source or free dicom viewer

    I'm looking for a DICOM viewer that can open stacks, window/level the
    whole stack and save the images as JPEG or PNG. dicomworks won't open
    the images saved from GE PACS. ezDICOM won't window/level the whole
    stack. Univiewer won't even open most stacks is extremely slow.
    ImageJs window/level plugin SUCKS. I'd even be willing to pay for the
    viewer, however I don't need a whole PACS system for $1200. I just
    need something to save images for teaching files. GE won't save
    window/leveled, panned, zoomed, images. Just want to throw that out
    there for anyone considering getting GE PACS.

  2. Re: Any good open source or free dicom viewer

    Did you tried K-PACS? (www.k-pacs.net)
    or DICOMVista/AngioVista? (www.charruasoft.com/downen.htm)

    Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

    On 15 dic, 19:02, "benjohnso...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > I'm looking for a DICOM viewer that can open stacks, window/level the
    > whole stack and save the images as JPEG or PNG. dicomworks won't open
    > the images saved from GE PACS. ezDICOM won't window/level the whole
    > stack. Univiewer won't even open most stacks is extremely slow.
    > ImageJs window/level plugin SUCKS. I'd even be willing to pay for the
    > viewer, however I don't need a whole PACS system for $1200. I just
    > need something to save images for teaching files. GE won't save
    > window/leveled, panned, zoomed, images. Just want to throw that out
    > there for anyone considering getting GE PACS.

+ Reply to Thread