The new/retired 0018 9445 - DICOM

This is a discussion on The new/retired 0018 9445 - DICOM ; Hello there, I would like to know how people are dealing with the new/retired tag: 0018 9445 ? I could not find any ref in dcmtk. Does anyone knows it's actual value, and why not make it just like any ...

  1. The new/retired 0018 9445

    Hello there,

    I would like to know how people are dealing with the new/retired tag:
    0018 9445 ? I could not find any ref in dcmtk. Does anyone knows it's
    actual value, and why not make it just like any other RETIRED tag, not
    having any VR, VM or Name makes it yet another particular case...

    Thanks for input
    Mathieu

    Ref:
    http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...0018.2C9445.29

  2. Re: The new/retired 0018 9445

    Hi Mathieu

    It is in the DICOM dictionary only to make sure that we do
    not inadvertently assign it in some future supplement or CP,
    since a vendor mistakenly used it in a product.

    David

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > Hello there,
    >
    > I would like to know how people are dealing with the new/retired tag:
    > 0018 9445 ? I could not find any ref in dcmtk. Does anyone knows it's
    > actual value, and why not make it just like any other RETIRED tag, not
    > having any VR, VM or Name makes it yet another particular case...
    >
    > Thanks for input
    > Mathieu
    >
    > Ref:
    > http://gdcm.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind...0018.2C9445.29