DICOM software question - DICOM

This is a discussion on DICOM software question - DICOM ; Hi I am a research fellow in fetal medicine who works with a lot of images and 3D volumes. All those images are acquired from 3 different ultrasound machines (2 GE and 1 Siemens) and all of them can export ...

  1. DICOM software question

    Hi
    I am a research fellow in fetal medicine who works with a lot of images
    and 3D volumes. All those images are acquired from 3 different
    ultrasound machines (2 GE and 1 Siemens) and all of them can export
    these images and volumes in DICOM format. I have no problem to
    visualize these images and volumes, but sometimes I find some images I
    would like to work with and thatīs not completely possible. I mean, I
    have a Doppler waveform from any artery and would like to calculate for
    example pulsatility index (PI) tracing the waveform, but it doesnīt
    seem to be possible, or at least I do not know any program performing
    these functions. Do you know any software with these features? Thanks
    in advance for any comment.

  2. Re: DICOM software question

    Jabs,

    There aren't any free or inexpensive software packages that allow you
    to perform PI tracings. Most of the software that you would like to
    reference is proprietary and would cost you a pretty penny.

    Thanks,

    MB
    jabs wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am a research fellow in fetal medicine who works with a lot of images
    > and 3D volumes. All those images are acquired from 3 different
    > ultrasound machines (2 GE and 1 Siemens) and all of them can export
    > these images and volumes in DICOM format. I have no problem to
    > visualize these images and volumes, but sometimes I find some images I
    > would like to work with and thatīs not completely possible. I mean, I
    > have a Doppler waveform from any artery and would like to calculate for
    > example pulsatility index (PI) tracing the waveform, but it doesnīt
    > seem to be possible, or at least I do not know any program performing
    > these functions. Do you know any software with these features? Thanks
    > in advance for any comment.

+ Reply to Thread