Icon Image Sequence question - DICOM

This is a discussion on Icon Image Sequence question - DICOM ; Hi there, Have a question related with Icon Image Sequence element (0088,0200). I was wondering if when we're in the situation to have an Icon Image in a DICOM instance where the main pixel data is uncompressed, it (the given ...

  1. Icon Image Sequence question

    Hi there,

    Have a question related with Icon Image Sequence element (0088,0200). I
    was wondering if when we're in the situation to have an Icon Image in a
    DICOM instance where the main pixel data is uncompressed, it (the given
    Icon Image pixel data) has to be equally uncompressed too. Can both be
    present in the instance compressed or uncompressed independently?

    thanks,
    Carmelo

  2. Re: Icon Image Sequence question

    See Part 5 Section A.4. The Icon Sequence Pixel Data may either be
    compressed with the same compression scheme as the Pixel Data in the
    main Data Set, or it may be uncompressed in Explicit VR Little Endian
    (like the other attributes of the Instance).

    - Harry Solomon
    GE Healthcare

+ Reply to Thread