How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ? - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ? - DICOM ; Hi, I have a CD generated from a GE CT system, the CD comes with a GE Centricity DICOM viewer, so I can use the viewer to display the CD image series, also export the images to jpeg and tiff ...

  1. How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ?

    Hi,

    I have a CD generated from a GE CT system, the CD comes with a
    GE Centricity DICOM viewer, so I can use the viewer to display
    the CD image series, also export the images to jpeg and tiff images.

    But I want to export the CT images from the CD to create DICOM format
    images, then remove patients' data, like names, etc.

    Wonder if any software or tools can do the conversion?

    Thanks

    Tian

  2. Re: How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ?

    Have you tried:

    www.dicomreader.com

    Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

    Tian ha escrito:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a CD generated from a GE CT system, the CD comes with a
    > GE Centricity DICOM viewer, so I can use the viewer to display
    > the CD image series, also export the images to jpeg and tiff images.
    >
    > But I want to export the CT images from the CD to create DICOM format
    > images, then remove patients' data, like names, etc.
    >
    > Wonder if any software or tools can do the conversion?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tian

  3. Re: How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ?

    Hi,

    First, thanks for your reply.

    I have tried the DICOMReader software, it can read my GE CDROM
    and creat new DICOM image files. However it could not recognize
    the directores with several patiens, for each patents there are several
    scans, each scan has multiple images. Seems to me the software
    could not duplicate the directory structure in the newly created
    DICOM files.

    I am not sure if I can manualy recreate the directories for the newly
    created DICOM images, so common medical image software can
    read the new DICOM images.

    Any better ways to read the GE CDROM and anonymize
    and create new DICOM images with directory structure?

    Thanks

    Tian

    On Nov 15, 7:24 pm, rafa_sanguine...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Have you tried:
    >
    > www.dicomreader.com
    >
    > Regards,
    > Rafael Sanguinetti
    > CharruaSoft.com
    >
    > Tian ha escrito:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I have a CD generated from a GE CT system, the CD comes with a
    > > GE Centricity DICOM viewer, so I can use the viewer to display
    > > the CD image series, also export the images to jpeg and tiff images.

    > > But I want to export the CT images from the CD to create DICOM format
    > > images, then remove patients' data, like names, etc.

    > > Wonder if any software or tools can do the conversion?

    > > Thanks

    > > Tian- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

  4. Re: How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ?

    Hi, I am the developer of the DICOMReader software. The DICOMReader
    doesn't _create_ DICOM files but take already existing files from a
    media like a CDROM and sends them to another DICOM node. It's up to the
    receiver to do with the data whatever it wants. Mostly, it are PACS
    server or workstations that acts as the receiver.
    The directory structure shouldn't play any role for organizing the
    relationships of the images, lets say which images belong to which
    series and study, since this information are encapsulated in the file
    header of each image. Also, a directory structure wouldn't be realy
    useful when the images are transmitted via the network.
    If DICOMReader is able to work with your files it are already DICOM
    files. So, if you want to keep the structure you could just copy the
    complete structure onto your harddisc and use DICOMAnonymize, a little
    tool you can find here. I wrote it
    because I had to anonymize tons of DICOM files for testings and was
    bored of customizing scripts.

    Regards,

    Yves

    On 17 Nov., 03:41, "Tian" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > First, thanks for your reply.
    >
    > I have tried the DICOMReader software, it can read my GE CDROM
    > and creat new DICOM image files. However it could not recognize
    > the directores with several patiens, for each patents there are several
    > scans, each scan has multiple images. Seems to me the software
    > could not duplicate the directory structure in the newly created
    > DICOM files.
    >
    > I am not sure if I can manualy recreate the directories for the newly
    > created DICOM images, so common medical image software can
    > read the new DICOM images.
    >
    > Any better ways to read the GE CDROM and anonymize
    > and create new DICOM images with directory structure?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tian
    >
    > On Nov 15, 7:24 pm, rafa_sanguine...@hotmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Have you tried:

    > >www.dicomreader.com

    > > Regards,
    > > Rafael Sanguinetti
    > > CharruaSoft.com

    > > Tian ha escrito:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I have a CD generated from a GE CT system, the CD comes with a
    > > > GE Centricity DICOM viewer, so I can use the viewer to display
    > > > the CD image series, also export the images to jpeg and tiff images.

    > > > But I want to export the CT images from the CD to create DICOM format
    > > > images, then remove patients' data, like names, etc.

    > > > Wonder if any software or tools can do the conversion?

    > > > Thanks

    > > > Tian- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -- Zitierten Text ausblenden -- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

  5. Re: How to conver CT images from GE CDROM to DICOM format images ?

    Hi, Yves,

    Thanks for explaining the DICOMReader software's intented usages.
    I will try the DICOMAnonymize, maybe I can use it instead.

    The reason I need to maintain the DICOM directory structure is that
    the GE DICOM viewer need the info to browse the image series, otherwise
    it can only show single DICOM image.

    best regards

    Tian

+ Reply to Thread