Publishing DICOM Standard in XML - DICOM

This is a discussion on Publishing DICOM Standard in XML - DICOM ; Hi there, I have been searching some info about the publication of the DICOM Standard in XML and have found that work group 10 is currently working on the item: "DICOM Standard Publication and Maintenance in XML". Would like to ...

  1. Publishing DICOM Standard in XML

    Hi there,

    I have been searching some info about the publication of the DICOM
    Standard in XML and have found that work group 10 is currently working
    on the item: "DICOM Standard Publication and Maintenance in XML". Would
    like to have (if possible) some status information regarded with that
    including when is more or less expected to be ready. If only anyone can
    give me this info or even the address to someone at whom i can ask that
    I'll be pleased enough.

    I'm particularly interested in having the Part 6 of the Standard (Data
    Dictionary) XML'ized to be able to keep my DICOM data dictionary
    updated properly and I have thought that if I can have this Part of the
    Standard in XML will be easy.

    Kind regards,
    Carmelo

  2. Re: Publishing DICOM Standard in XML

    Carmelo wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I have been searching some info about the publication of the DICOM
    > Standard in XML and have found that work group 10 is currently working
    > on the item: "DICOM Standard Publication and Maintenance in XML". Would
    > like to have (if possible) some status information regarded with that
    > including when is more or less expected to be ready. If only anyone can
    > give me this info or even the address to someone at whom i can ask that
    > I'll be pleased enough.
    >
    > I'm particularly interested in having the Part 6 of the Standard (Data
    > Dictionary) XML'ized to be able to keep my DICOM data dictionary
    > updated properly and I have thought that if I can have this Part of the
    > Standard in XML will be easy.

    I think a lot of us are waiting for this. It would be nice if
    dicomlookup.com would release a ~mysqldump of there database so the
    rest of us have something to start playing with. For now I guess you
    have to either process the ASCII dictionary found in dcmtk or GDCM.

    HTH
    Mathieu
    Ref:
    *
    http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/view...ry/DICOMV3.dic
    *
    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/view...ts/dicomV3.dic

  3. Re: Publishing DICOM Standard in XML

    Agree. In fact that's what I was expecting to do meanwhile there's no
    better possibilities.
    About the DCMTK dictionary, is it updated often? Or is just updated per
    DCMTK new version?

    cheers,
    Carmelo

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > I think a lot of us are waiting for this. It would be nice if
    > dicomlookup.com would release a ~mysqldump of there database so the
    > rest of us have something to start playing with. For now I guess you
    > have to either process the ASCII dictionary found in dcmtk or GDCM.

  4. Re: Publishing DICOM Standard in XML

    Carmelo wrote:
    > About the DCMTK dictionary, is it updated often? Or is just updated per
    > DCMTK new version?

    we publish an update with every new DCMTK version, that is, about annually.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  5. Re: Publishing DICOM Standard in XML

    thanks Marco

    Marco Eichelberg wrote:
    > Carmelo wrote:
    > > About the DCMTK dictionary, is it updated often? Or is just updated per
    > > DCMTK new version?

    > we publish an update with every new DCMTK version, that is, about annually.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg
    > OFFIS

+ Reply to Thread