Pixel Padding Value Range Limit (CP692) - DICOM

This is a discussion on Pixel Padding Value Range Limit (CP692) - DICOM ; Dear forum readers, I am improving a mammography acquisition modality following the IHE Mammo profile and I have to implement the Pixel Padding Value Range Limit attribute described in the CP692 but I am not sure about the tag that ...

  1. Pixel Padding Value Range Limit (CP692)

    Dear forum readers,
    I am improving a mammography acquisition modality following the IHE
    Mammo profile and I have to implement the Pixel Padding Value Range
    Limit attribute described in the CP692 but I am not
    sure about the tag that I have to use.
    In the correction item this tag is (0028,x121) and since the Pixel
    Padding Value tag is (0028,0120) I am thinking that it is probable that
    in the final release of the correction item it will become (0028,0121).
    Am I correct or is it better if I wait for the final release of the CP
    to implement this tag in the field?

    Kind regards,

    Valerio Salomoni

  2. Re: Pixel Padding Value Range Limit (CP692)

    Hi Valerio

    The tag is not yet assigned and will not be assigned until
    the CP passes ballot and is approved as Final Text, which
    will hopefully happen at the January 2007 WG 6 meeting,
    which is unfortunately the same week as the IHE connectathon.

    There cannot be a 100% guarantee that the CP will be approved
    as written, nor that the "x" will be replaced by "0", though
    there would be no reason to assign a gratuitously differently
    tag unless there is strong opposition during the ballot to
    the mechanism proposed.

    So you might choose to interpret it as a strong hint, as perhaps
    someone might have intended.

    However, the risk is entirely yours to take.

    David

    Valerio Salomoni wrote:
    > Dear forum readers,
    > I am improving a mammography acquisition modality following the IHE
    > Mammo profile and I have to implement the Pixel Padding Value Range
    > Limit attribute described in the CP692 but I am not
    > sure about the tag that I have to use.
    > In the correction item this tag is (0028,x121) and since the Pixel
    > Padding Value tag is (0028,0120) I am thinking that it is probable that
    > in the final release of the correction item it will become (0028,0121).
    > Am I correct or is it better if I wait for the final release of the CP
    > to implement this tag in the field?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Valerio Salomoni

+ Reply to Thread