Transfer Syntax UID - DICOM

This is a discussion on Transfer Syntax UID - DICOM ; Probably not the best place to ask about this but I will give it a try. I have mobile US techs that use Siemens Seq running 9.5.1 software. The tech stores the images to MO disk, from MO we transfer ...

  1. Transfer Syntax UID

    Probably not the best place to ask about this but I will give it a try.
    I have mobile US techs that use Siemens Seq running 9.5.1 software.
    The tech stores the images to MO disk, from MO we transfer to our PACS.
    The issue is the transfer syntax UID the images are stored in is RLE
    lossless. Our PACS system cannot take this. We would Prefer Implicit
    VR Little Endian. Does any know of software that can make this change
    and allow me to send the study on to our PACS?

    Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Transfer Syntax UID

    If you wish to send me one RLE compressed image, I can test them and
    try to develop such a Syntax converter.

    Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com
    rafaelcharruasoft.com

  3. Re: Transfer Syntax UID

    Try PowerDicom http://www.dicom-solutions.com/powerdicom.shtm.
    PowerDicom can uncompress RLE compressed files. With the Expert edition
    you can send the files to a PACS.

    Greetings
    Marianne

  4. Re: Transfer Syntax UID

    Jeep99899 wrote:
    > Probably not the best place to ask about this but I will give it a try.
    > I have mobile US techs that use Siemens Seq running 9.5.1 software.
    > The tech stores the images to MO disk, from MO we transfer to our PACS.
    > The issue is the transfer syntax UID the images are stored in is RLE
    > lossless. Our PACS system cannot take this. We would Prefer Implicit
    > VR Little Endian. Does any know of software that can make this change
    > and allow me to send the study on to our PACS?

    A couple of open source DICOM implementation can do that for you: DCMTK
    and GDCM for instance.
    The tools are called: dcmdrle for DCMTK and ReWrite for GDCM.

    HTH
    Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread