Antwerp University Hospital works with IBM and I.R.I.S. Solutions
The Antwerp University Hospital (UZA Belgium) has contracted IBM's
long-term business partner I.R.I.S. along with IBM (NYSE: IBM) to
deliver several backbone solutions for its electronic patient record
(EPR). The project, which will include the digitization of the
hospital's extensive medical archive, will increase process efficiency
at the hospital's Medical Information department.
Read more...
http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/253/26/

TeleMed & eHealth '06
Transforming the patient experience
Monday 20 - Tuesday 21 November 2006

The conference aims to cover the following topics:
- People's use of e-Health for self care
- Development and implementation
- Finding out how it works
- Telecare and people with long term conditions
Read more...
http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/252/37/

Radio Frequency Identification Devices (RFID): Frequently Asked
Questions on the Commission's Public
The European Commission reports on the initial findings from its wide
public debate on Radio Frequency Identification. At the "RFID -
Heading for the Future" conference in Brussels, possible future policy
options will be discussed with stakeholders from all over Europe and
beyond.
Read more...
http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/251/27/

Mobilise healthcare professionals with the latest technology
7-8 December 2006, Hilton Canary Wharf, London
There are many estimates as to how fast mobile technology solutions are
developing at present. Juniper Research stated in May 2006 that
spending on mobile health care in North America and Europe will reach
$2.7bn by 2010.
Read more...
http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/250/37/

HIMSS Opens European Office in Brussels, Belgium
The new HIMSS initiative is focused on bringing together healthcare IT
professionals in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, or EMEA, who share
the common goal of improving the delivery of healthcare through
information technology and management systems.
Read more...
http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/249/26/

Med-e-Tel 2007 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
You are cordially invited to join us at the Med-e-Tel exhibition and
its educational and information program of interactive seminars on
eHealth, telemedicine and all possible ICT applications in medicine,
which will cover the results of recent or ongoing projects and
research, real life experiences and existing programs, product
presentations, and exhibitor training sessions.
Read more...
http://www.ehealthnews.eu/content/view/248/37/