Image Pixel Module - attributes meaning and usage - DICOM

This is a discussion on Image Pixel Module - attributes meaning and usage - DICOM ; hi, I'm looking for sources of any knowledge about Image Pixel Module attributes meaning and usage: how to use attributes for displaying image ?, for what purpose some of them were defined ?, etc I understand some simple one (like ...

  1. Image Pixel Module - attributes meaning and usage

    hi,

    I'm looking for sources of any knowledge about Image Pixel Module
    attributes meaning and usage:
    how to use attributes for displaying image ?,
    for what purpose some of them were defined ?, etc

    I understand some simple one (like bits allocated, bits stored, high
    bit, samples per pixel, pixel representation) but there are more
    difficult one to find out for what purpose they are and how to use them
    (like Rescale Slope, Rescale Intercept, Pixel Intensity Relationship,
    etc).

    The only useful source i found is Annex D in Dicom Part 5 (but there
    are not all atributtes described)
    Do you know any other sources of knowlege ?

    best regards
    darek

  2. Re: Image Pixel Module - attributes meaning and usage

    darod wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for sources of any knowledge about Image Pixel Module
    > attributes meaning and usage:
    > how to use attributes for displaying image ?,
    > for what purpose some of them were defined ?, etc
    >
    > I understand some simple one (like bits allocated, bits stored, high
    > bit, samples per pixel, pixel representation) but there are more
    > difficult one to find out for what purpose they are and how to use them
    > (like Rescale Slope, Rescale Intercept, Pixel Intensity Relationship,
    > etc).
    >
    > The only useful source i found is Annex D in Dicom Part 5 (but there
    > are not all atributtes described)
    > Do you know any other sources of knowlege ?
    >
    > best regards
    > darek

  3. Re: Image Pixel Module - attributes meaning and usage

    sorry, I posted my reply too early;

    what I wanted to say is that it would take several pages to explain the
    pixel pipeline in great detail and that you migth be better off looking
    at

    http://www.otechimg.com/productDetails.cfm?id=B-105

    there is an e-book version of the DICOM Basics book available,

    herman O.

    darod wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for sources of any knowledge about Image Pixel Module
    > attributes meaning and usage:
    > how to use attributes for displaying image ?,
    > for what purpose some of them were defined ?, etc
    >
    > I understand some simple one (like bits allocated, bits stored, high
    > bit, samples per pixel, pixel representation) but there are more
    > difficult one to find out for what purpose they are and how to use them
    > (like Rescale Slope, Rescale Intercept, Pixel Intensity Relationship,
    > etc).
    >
    > The only useful source i found is Annex D in Dicom Part 5 (but there
    > are not all atributtes described)
    > Do you know any other sources of knowlege ?
    >
    > best regards
    > darek

+ Reply to Thread