Time dynamic analysis of images - DICOM

This is a discussion on Time dynamic analysis of images - DICOM ; Hi, Anybody knows what this 'Time dynamic analysis of images' is? To be precise, this is in context with OSIRIX (Open source tool for DICOM on MAC) and Mammography. Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks in advance. Regards Amogh...

  1. Time dynamic analysis of images

    Hi,

    Anybody knows what this 'Time dynamic analysis of images' is?
    To be precise, this is in context with OSIRIX (Open source tool for
    DICOM on MAC) and Mammography.

    Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

    Regards
    Amogh

  2. Re: Time dynamic analysis of images

    amogh.sarpotdar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Anybody knows what this 'Time dynamic analysis of images' is?
    > To be precise, this is in context with OSIRIX (Open source tool for
    > DICOM on MAC) and Mammography.

    I don't have any specific information on what may or may not be
    supported in OSIRIX but a lot of new imaging and analysis techniques
    developed in the past few years combine images of the same
    region/volume taken over time to provide new information. I suspect
    Time Dynamic Analysis is a generic term for a variety of techniques.

    In its simplest form, the old digital subtraction images/techniques
    most commonly used in fluoroscopy and xray angiography where two
    successive images are subtracted from each other such that the image
    shows only the progress of the contrast bolus over the interval between
    the images. Much more complicated versions of this same principal have
    been developed. So for example, in fMRI the differences in the decrease
    in magenetic moment of blood hemoglobin over different brain regions
    (integrated over a time interval correlated to some outside stimulus)
    are used to identify areas of increase blood oxygen consumption,
    assumed to correlate to higher brain activity in those regions. Other
    technicques include CT-Perfusion and Dynamic Contrast Enhanced MRI,
    where differences in the rate of contrast agent diffusion into the
    tissue are identified. Similarly in mammography, contrast agents may
    diffuse more slowly into tumor tissue than normal breast tissue, so a
    time series can be used to highlight areas where the rate of diffusion
    is slower (or maybe it is higher). The common thread in all these
    techniques is basically a computation which takes times series data and
    generates images based on either the derivative or integral of some
    parameter in the data, and generates an image which visualizes it.

+ Reply to Thread