C# DICOM Forum - DICOM

This is a discussion on C# DICOM Forum - DICOM ; Hello, I'm thinking about setting up a little forum specifically for C# in DICOM. Any one have any thoughts? Think it's a good or bad idea? -Lint...

  1. C# DICOM Forum

    Hello,

    I'm thinking about setting up a little forum specifically for C# in
    DICOM. Any one have any thoughts? Think it's a good or bad idea?

    -Lint

  2. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    I think C# codes run slowly, so it's not suitable to develop dicom
    application, maybe you can use it just to build frame.
    The kernel of DICOM must be written in c or c++ for high performance.

    Lint Radley 写道:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm thinking about setting up a little forum specifically for C# in
    > DICOM. Any one have any thoughts? Think it's a good or bad idea?
    >
    > -Lint

  3. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    It's probably a good marketable idea

    but, conceptually, is a bad idea as DICOM standard doesn't relate to
    any programming language ...

  4. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    Right, but there are people who deal who program DICOM solutions in C#
    (like me! haha). There aren't a whole lot of programming DICOM
    application in C# resources, hence my first thought of the idea.

    -Lint

    '
    www.dicomedge.com wrote:
    > It's probably a good marketable idea
    >
    > but, conceptually, is a bad idea as DICOM standard doesn't relate to
    > any programming language ...

  5. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    Sine you prgram DICOM solutions in C#, perhaps you could provide or help me
    find what I'm looking for.

    I have just started a position at University of Houston, charged with
    creating a database to store header text from DICOM files. I assume that
    there is a library that I can use with C# or VB.NET that gives me a class
    that accepts a file path and presents me with some mechanism for retrieving
    the text. It would be ideal to be able to link that with existing tables in
    a database and invoke a hypthetical "copy all of that to there" method.

    Do you provide such a library, or know the name of that sort of library that
    I should be considering?

    Thanks for any information.

    Rick Wannall
    Computational Biomedicine Lab
    UH

  6. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    Hello Rick,

    you can do this with the automation/COM interface of PowerDicom
    (http://www.dicom-solutions.com/powerdicom.shtm). For special support
    on using it with C# please contact us directly.

    Greetings
    Marianne

  7. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    Marianne wrote:
    > Hello Rick,
    >
    > you can do this with the automation/COM interface of PowerDicom
    > (http://www.dicom-solutions.com/powerdicom.shtm). For special support
    > on using it with C# please contact us directly.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Marianne

    I think the forum is is a good idea.

    Two helpful places for dicom in C#:

    http://opendicom.sourceforge.net/
    http://clearcanvas.ca

  8. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    Hi,

    If your not affraid of Java you can try this : http://sourceforge.net/projects/dicom4j.

    It's an alpha version.

    Laurent Lecomte

    Hello AT&T Server,

    > Sine you prgram DICOM solutions in C#, perhaps you could provide or
    > help me find what I'm looking for.
    >
    > I have just started a position at University of Houston, charged with
    > creating a database to store header text from DICOM files. I assume
    > that there is a library that I can use with C# or VB.NET that gives me
    > a class that accepts a file path and presents me with some mechanism
    > for retrieving the text. It would be ideal to be able to link that
    > with existing tables in a database and invoke a hypthetical "copy all
    > of that to there" method.
    >
    > Do you provide such a library, or know the name of that sort of
    > library that I should be considering?
    >
    > Thanks for any information.
    >
    > Rick Wannall
    > Computational Biomedicine Lab
    > UH

  9. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    I think that you are probably on the right track, in creating a new
    newsgroup for programming, etc. This group is really primarily for
    discussion about the standard, although a lot of programming issues
    creep in. But, rather than create a new one for just C#, I would
    suggest that it should be for all languages. Like you mentioned, there
    aren't many implementations in C#, but there are a lot in C++ and C.

    Lint Radley wrote:
    > Right, but there are people who deal who program DICOM solutions in C#
    > (like me! haha). There aren't a whole lot of programming DICOM
    > application in C# resources, hence my first thought of the idea.
    >
    > -Lint
    >
    > '
    > www.dicomedge.com wrote:
    > > It's probably a good marketable idea
    > >
    > > but, conceptually, is a bad idea as DICOM standard doesn't relate to
    > > any programming language ...

  10. Re: C# DICOM Forum

    It would be good in my opinion to have a place to discuss DICOM
    implementation from a programmer's standpoint. However, the traffic on
    this list has been low enough to put up with some programming questions
    from time to time.

    Thus, unless the majority of the readers of this list want to kick the
    programmers and programming discussions off, I think it's a bad idea to
    divide an already small community.

    If you do decide to start a C# forum, please announce it on this thread
    so that I can join. While I don't think it's a really good idea, I
    would sign up. I have done DICOM in C#, and I don't think it's overly
    slow for that purpose despite what others on the thread have indicated.

    -Kelly

+ Reply to Thread