raw data from ATL HDI 5000 to DICOM - DICOM

This is a discussion on raw data from ATL HDI 5000 to DICOM - DICOM ; Hi, Can someone help me with following problem; We use a ATL HDI5000 ultrasound machine with a DWS-module at ou NICU. A month ago the database went corrupt and all data on the internal HDD was not accesable for viewing. ...

  1. raw data from ATL HDI 5000 to DICOM

    Hi,

    Can someone help me with following problem;

    We use a ATL HDI5000 ultrasound machine with a DWS-module at ou NICU. A
    month ago the database went corrupt and all data on the internal HDD
    was not accesable for viewing. The guys from ATL/Philips said that the
    data is lost although the files are availible on the HDD. Reason given
    is that the new database is empty and can't import the availible files

    Is anyone who has an utility to read these HDI5000-files from the HDD?
    and convert them to DICOM ?

    Thanks in advance.

    With kind Regards,

    Martijn Schasfoort
    Medical Engineer
    Department Medical Technology
    Máxima Medical Centre, Location Veldhoven
    Netherlands

  2. Re: raw data from ATL HDI 5000 to DICOM

    Hi Martijn,

    >From recovery work that my company recently performed, it is my

    understanding that the HDI5000 stores images internally as straight
    TIFF files, not even as DEFF. Because the file structure on the
    corrupted MOD's we received (which might be different than how they
    store them to HDD) was a Linux varient, we had to write a dumper
    program that sector copied the MOD to a (big) raw file, then searched
    for the TIFF headers and extracted them to individual files.
    Unfortunately at that stage it is a manual process of viewing the
    TIFF's and looking to see where one patient's data starts & one ends.
    We then DICOMized the data with our Digital Jacket application,
    entering just the Patient Name & ID into the DICOM header to save too
    much manual entry, the rest of the info being visible within the
    HDI5000 screen overlays.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers,

    Hugh Lyshkow
    DesAcc, Inc.
    http://www.desacc.com

    DnTinus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone help me with following problem;
    >
    > We use a ATL HDI5000 ultrasound machine with a DWS-module at ou NICU. A
    > month ago the database went corrupt and all data on the internal HDD
    > was not accesable for viewing. The guys from ATL/Philips said that the
    > data is lost although the files are availible on the HDD. Reason given
    > is that the new database is empty and can't import the availible files
    >
    > Is anyone who has an utility to read these HDI5000-files from the HDD?
    > and convert them to DICOM ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > With kind Regards,
    >
    > Martijn Schasfoort
    > Medical Engineer
    > Department Medical Technology
    > Máxima Medical Centre, Location Veldhoven
    > Netherlands

  3. Re: raw data from ATL HDI 5000 to DICOM

    Bonjour Martijn,

    Hum... If the images are indeed straight TIFF, then a number of
    solution are available to convert them to DICOM. If however they are
    DEFF then my "DICOMatic" should be able to convert them to DICOM.

    DEFF (Data Exchange File Format) is a format developed by ATL. It is
    based on TIFF, with the addition of a bunch of new tags, and the
    possibility of having more than 8bits of information per pixels.

    And if you do have the images on MOD, stored in a "linux varient",
    then you may want to look at readOmatic to read the MOD (it does read
    5 flavors of UNIX...)

    Good luck.

    Yves
    TomoVision

    On 29 Sep 2006 05:39:14 -0700, hlyshkow@desacc.com wrote:

    >Hi Martijn,
    >
    >>From recovery work that my company recently performed, it is my

    >understanding that the HDI5000 stores images internally as straight
    >TIFF files, not even as DEFF. Because the file structure on the
    >corrupted MOD's we received (which might be different than how they
    >store them to HDD) was a Linux varient, we had to write a dumper
    >program that sector copied the MOD to a (big) raw file, then searched
    >for the TIFF headers and extracted them to individual files.
    >Unfortunately at that stage it is a manual process of viewing the
    >TIFF's and looking to see where one patient's data starts & one ends.
    >We then DICOMized the data with our Digital Jacket application,
    >entering just the Patient Name & ID into the DICOM header to save too
    >much manual entry, the rest of the info being visible within the
    >HDI5000 screen overlays.
    >
    >Hope this helps.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Hugh Lyshkow
    >DesAcc, Inc.
    >http://www.desacc.com
    >

    >DnTinus wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can someone help me with following problem;
    >>
    >> We use a ATL HDI5000 ultrasound machine with a DWS-module at ou NICU. A
    >> month ago the database went corrupt and all data on the internal HDD
    >> was not accesable for viewing. The guys from ATL/Philips said that the
    >> data is lost although the files are availible on the HDD. Reason given
    >> is that the new database is empty and can't import the availible files
    >>
    >> Is anyone who has an utility to read these HDI5000-files from the HDD?
    >> and convert them to DICOM ?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> With kind Regards,
    >>
    >> Martijn Schasfoort
    >> Medical Engineer
    >> Department Medical Technology
    >> Máxima Medical Centre, Location Veldhoven
    >> Netherlands

+ Reply to Thread