C++ Dicom viewer sample code - DICOM

This is a discussion on C++ Dicom viewer sample code - DICOM ; Hello to everybody, my name is Giorgio and i am a senior java developer. I have a great experience in JAVA Dicom viewers, but i still not jhave experience in C++ Dicom issues. I have to write a ***VERY*** simple ...

  1. C++ Dicom viewer sample code

    Hello to everybody,
    my name is Giorgio and i am a senior java developer. I have a great
    experience in JAVA Dicom viewers, but i still not jhave experience in
    C++ Dicom issues. I have to write a ***VERY*** simple application for
    benchmarks between JAVA and C++: can somebody help me? Is there any
    simple code (using libraries for loading Dicom images, for example
    GDCM) that displays a dicom images (8 bit-10 bit and 16 bit) (with
    window level/zoom/pan---or just display...)? Where can i find something
    similar? Where have i to look for informations, tutorials, help & so
    on?
    Thanks

    Giorgio

  2. Re: C++ Dicom viewer sample code

    cookingJU wrote:
    > Hello to everybody,
    > my name is Giorgio and i am a senior java developer. I have a great
    > experience in JAVA Dicom viewers, but i still not jhave experience in
    > C++ Dicom issues. I have to write a ***VERY*** simple application for
    > benchmarks between JAVA and C++: can somebody help me? Is there any
    > simple code (using libraries for loading Dicom images, for example
    > GDCM) that displays a dicom images (8 bit-10 bit and 16 bit) (with
    > window level/zoom/pan---or just display...)? Where can i find something
    > similar? Where have i to look for informations, tutorials, help & so
    > on?

    What's wrong with the one in GDCM ? In GDCM 1.x it is called
    vtkgdcmViewer(2) and in GDCM 2.x it is called gdcmviewer(2). In both
    case you need to have VTK library to link against.

    There is also the tviewer based on dcmtk and VTK (no source code AFAIK)

    Feel free to use the GDCM ML if you have any further question,
    Mathieu

  3. Re: C++ Dicom viewer sample code

    Thanks Mr Malaterre,
    can you simply send me some code lines about the use of this viewer?
    There are no good docs & examples...
    Anyway: if i don't want to use vtk, what have i to do??
    thanks
    Giorgio

    Mathieu Malaterre ha scritto:

    > cookingJU wrote:
    > > Hello to everybody,
    > > my name is Giorgio and i am a senior java developer. I have a great
    > > experience in JAVA Dicom viewers, but i still not jhave experience in
    > > C++ Dicom issues. I have to write a ***VERY*** simple application for
    > > benchmarks between JAVA and C++: can somebody help me? Is there any
    > > simple code (using libraries for loading Dicom images, for example
    > > GDCM) that displays a dicom images (8 bit-10 bit and 16 bit) (with
    > > window level/zoom/pan---or just display...)? Where can i find something
    > > similar? Where have i to look for informations, tutorials, help & so
    > > on?

    > What's wrong with the one in GDCM ? In GDCM 1.x it is called
    > vtkgdcmViewer(2) and in GDCM 2.x it is called gdcmviewer(2). In both
    > case you need to have VTK library to link against.
    >
    > There is also the tviewer based on dcmtk and VTK (no source code AFAIK)
    >
    > Feel free to use the GDCM ML if you have any further question,
    > Mathieu

  4. Re: C++ Dicom viewer sample code

    [Sorry for top post]

    Giorgio,

    I doubt you'll find an answer in this newsgroup as it is focus on
    DICOM. You are better in a C++ newsgroup IMHO, maybe even better a viz
    one. Out of curiosity what is the issue with VTK ?
    As for the viewer it is a extremly simple command line tool, which
    takes the first argument for the image:

    ../gdcmviewer image.dcm

    vtkgdcmViewer is a little more advance and can load a bunch of DICOM
    file, assuming they are related:

    ../vtkgdcmViewer img1.dcm img2.dcm img3.dcm ...

    HTH
    Mathieu

    cookingJU wrote:
    > Thanks Mr Malaterre,
    > can you simply send me some code lines about the use of this viewer?
    > There are no good docs & examples...
    > Anyway: if i don't want to use vtk, what have i to do??
    > thanks
    > Giorgio
    >

    > Mathieu Malaterre ha scritto:
    >
    > > cookingJU wrote:
    > > > Hello to everybody,
    > > > my name is Giorgio and i am a senior java developer. I have a great
    > > > experience in JAVA Dicom viewers, but i still not jhave experience in
    > > > C++ Dicom issues. I have to write a ***VERY*** simple application for
    > > > benchmarks between JAVA and C++: can somebody help me? Is there any
    > > > simple code (using libraries for loading Dicom images, for example
    > > > GDCM) that displays a dicom images (8 bit-10 bit and 16 bit) (with
    > > > window level/zoom/pan---or just display...)? Where can i find something
    > > > similar? Where have i to look for informations, tutorials, help & so
    > > > on?

    > > What's wrong with the one in GDCM ? In GDCM 1.x it is called
    > > vtkgdcmViewer(2) and in GDCM 2.x it is called gdcmviewer(2). In both
    > > case you need to have VTK library to link against.
    > >
    > > There is also the tviewer based on dcmtk and VTK (no source code AFAIK)
    > >
    > > Feel free to use the GDCM ML if you have any further question,
    > > Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread