SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now - DICOM

This is a discussion on SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now - DICOM ; Dear fellow researcher, We would like to announce the release of version 1.0.0.6 of SMIViewer - a free for research DICOM volume analyzer. We are also pleased to let you know that SMIViewer was featured on a public forum recently: ...

  1. SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    Dear fellow researcher,

    We would like to announce the release of version 1.0.0.6 of SMIViewer
    - a free for research DICOM volume analyzer.

    We are also pleased to let you know that SMIViewer was featured on a
    public forum recently: http://www.radrounds.com/profiles/bl...ogPost%3A18450
    ..

    You can find the download information here:

    http://groups.google.com/group/medic...-download-page

    New in v1.0.0.6:
    // Orientation labels
    // Translucent mask overlay
    // Correct value display
    // Correct orientation for MR
    // Patient name display
    // Many bug fixes

    Enjoy.

    Moderator,
    http://groups.google.com/group/medicalimagingscience

  2. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    On Jul 15, 10:02*am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    wrote:
    > Dear fellow researcher,
    >
    > We would like to announce the release of version 1.0.0.6 of SMIViewer
    > - a free for research DICOM volume analyzer.
    >
    > We are also pleased to let you know that SMIViewer was featured on a
    > public forum recently:http://www.radrounds.com/profiles/bl...3ABlogPost%3A1...
    > .
    >
    > You can find the download information here:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/medic...b/smiviewer-do...
    >
    > New in v1.0.0.6:
    > // * * * Orientation labels
    > // * * * Translucent mask overlay
    > // * * * Correct value display
    > // * * * Correct orientation for MR
    > // * * * Patient name display
    > // * * * Many bug fixes
    >
    > Enjoy.
    >
    > Moderator,http://groups.google.com/group/medicalimagingscience

    Come'on ! You cannot declare your software to be released under GPL v3
    if the source is still not available:

    http://code.google.com/p/smisdk/
    "GNU General Public License v3"

    This is clearly a violation of the GPL v3 and I am sure a violation of
    google policy !

    Just release the source code, or do not use 1.0 convention while your
    API is not stable.

    -Mathieu

  3. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    Hi Prashant

    If it is GPL, you can also not restrict its use to research.

    You can of course add disclaimers about not having been tested
    or approved for clinical use.

    David

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > On Jul 15, 10:02 am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    > wrote:
    >> Dear fellow researcher,
    >>
    >> We would like to announce the release of version 1.0.0.6 of SMIViewer
    >> - a free for research DICOM volume analyzer.
    >>
    >> We are also pleased to let you know that SMIViewer was featured on a
    >> public forum recently:http://www.radrounds.com/profiles/bl...3ABlogPost%3A1...
    >> .
    >>
    >> You can find the download information here:
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/medic...b/smiviewer-do...
    >>
    >> New in v1.0.0.6:
    >> // Orientation labels
    >> // Translucent mask overlay
    >> // Correct value display
    >> // Correct orientation for MR
    >> // Patient name display
    >> // Many bug fixes
    >>
    >> Enjoy.
    >>
    >> Moderator,http://groups.google.com/group/medicalimagingscience

    > Come'on ! You cannot declare your software to be released under GPL v3
    > if the source is still not available:
    >
    > http://code.google.com/p/smisdk/
    > "GNU General Public License v3"
    >
    > This is clearly a violation of the GPL v3 and I am sure a violation of
    > google policy !
    >
    > Just release the source code, or do not use 1.0 convention while your
    > API is not stable.
    >

    > -Mathieu

  4. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    On Jul 15, 3:46*am, David Clunie wrote:
    > Hi Prashant
    >
    > If it is GPL, you can also not restrict its use to research.
    >
    > You can of course add disclaimers about not having been tested
    > or approved for clinical use.
    >
    > David
    >

    > Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > > On Jul 15, 10:02 am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    > > wrote:
    > >> Dear fellow researcher,

    > >> We would like to announce the release of version 1.0.0.6 of SMIViewer
    > >> - a free for research DICOM volume analyzer.

    > >> We are also pleased to let you know that SMIViewer was featured on a
    > >> public forum recently:http://www.radrounds.com/profiles/bl...3ABlogPost%3A1...
    > >> .

    > >> You can find the download information here:

    > >>http://groups.google.com/group/medic...b/smiviewer-do....

    > >> New in v1.0.0.6:
    > >> // * * * Orientation labels
    > >> // * * * Translucent mask overlay
    > >> // * * * Correct value display
    > >> // * * * Correct orientation for MR
    > >> // * * * Patient name display
    > >> // * * * Many bug fixes

    > >> Enjoy.

    > >> Moderator,http://groups.google.com/group/medicalimagingscience

    > > Come'on ! You cannot declare your software to be released under GPL v3
    > > if the source is still not available:

    > >http://code.google.com/p/smisdk/
    > > "GNU General Public License v3"

    > > This is clearly a violation of the GPL v3 and I am sure a violation of
    > > google policy !

    > > Just release the source code, or do not use 1.0 convention while your
    > > API is not stable.

    > > -Mathieu- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the reminder Mathieu and David. We are still in the
    learning process.

    I will update the license details until we can release the source
    code.

    We appreciate it!

  5. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    On Jul 15, 8:59*am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    wrote:
    > On Jul 15, 3:46*am, David Clunie wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Prashant

    > > If it is GPL, you can also not restrict its use to research.

    > > You can of course add disclaimers about not having been tested
    > > or approved for clinical use.

    > > David

    > > Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

    > > > Come'on ! You cannot declare your software to be released under GPL v3
    > > > if the source is still not available:

    > > >http://code.google.com/p/smisdk/
    > > > "GNU General Public License v3"

    > > > This is clearly a violation of the GPL v3 and I am sure a violation of
    > > > google policy !

    > > > Just release the source code, or do not use 1.0 convention while your
    > > > API is not stable.

    > > > -Mathieu- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks for the reminder Mathieu and David. We are still in the
    > learning process.
    >
    > I will update the license details until we can release the source
    > code.
    >
    > We appreciate it!- Hide quoted text -

    Can you guys suggest which license to use if the source code isnt
    being released, but the binary is?

  6. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    On Jul 15, 9:15*am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    wrote:
    > On Jul 15, 8:59*am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    >

    > wrote:
    > > On Jul 15, 3:46*am, David Clunie wrote:

    > > > Hi Prashant

    > > > If it is GPL, you can also not restrict its use to research.

    > > > You can of course add disclaimers about not having been tested
    > > > or approved for clinical use.

    > > > David

    > > Thanks for the reminder Mathieu and David. We are still in the
    > > learning process.

    > > I will update the license details until we can release the source
    > > code.

    > > We appreciate it!- Hide quoted text -

    > Can you guys suggest which license to use if the source code isnt
    > being released, but the binary is?- Hide quoted text -

    Guys,

    We have removed the listing of the project from Google code server
    because we could not find an appropriate license that would suit our
    requirements as yet.

    The project binaries are still available with a restricted license
    (not with any flavor of GPL) here:

    http://groups.google.com/group/medic...-download-page

    Thanks to David and Mathieu for the heads up (I kind of liked the
    aggression with which Mathieu jumped in with the response:-).

    Thanks!

    Moderator
    [Science.Medical.Imaging]

  7. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    On Jul 15, 6:56*pm, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    wrote:
    > On Jul 15, 9:15*am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"
    >

    > wrote:
    > > On Jul 15, 8:59*am, "Science.Medical.Imaging List"

    > > wrote:

    > > > Thanks for the reminder Mathieu and David. We are still in the
    > > > learning process.

    > > > I will update the license details until we can release the source
    > > > code.

    > > > We appreciate it!- Hide quoted text -

    > > Can you guys suggest which license to use if the source code isnt
    > > being released, but the binary is?- Hide quoted text -

    > Guys,
    >
    > We have removed the listing of the project from Google code server
    > because we could not find an appropriate license that would suit our
    > requirements as yet.
    >
    > The project binaries are still available with a restricted license
    > (not with any flavor of GPL) here:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/medic...b/smiviewer-do...
    >
    > Thanks to David and Mathieu for the heads up (I kind of liked the
    > aggression with which Mathieu jumped in with the response:-).

    Too much coffeine I guess...
    Anyway I suggest you do not take licensing and open-sourcing subject
    too lightly, people are defending it fiercly: esp GPL people.

    http://www.gnu.org/press/

    Sorry about that,
    -M

  8. Re: SMIViewer 1.0.0.6 (free DICOM viewer) available now

    I appreciate it Mathieu. Anytime.

+ Reply to Thread