ECG View - DICOM

This is a discussion on ECG View - DICOM ; Hi group Somewhere I read that through HL7 standard PACS Viewer can take data from ECG. If a viewer can get ECG data and wants to show will it needs to be syncronized with Cardiac shoot? What can be other ...

  1. ECG View

    Hi group

    Somewhere I read that through HL7 standard PACS Viewer can take data
    from ECG.

    If a viewer can get ECG data and wants to show will it needs to be
    syncronized with Cardiac shoot?

    What can be other requirements while displaying ECG? Do we have
    anything for this in DICOM standards?

    Regards,
    Prashant

  2. Re: ECG View

    DICOM provides several variations on the waveform IOD for ECGs - 12
    lead ECG waveform, general ecg waveform, and the ambulatory waveform
    SOP classes. These objects can be synchronized with images encoded in
    separate image IODs. Some image IODs such as the new multiframe MR
    contain references sequences identifiying specific waveform objects
    with which the image is synchronized. In such a case, the acquisition
    device obviously has to be aware of/getting data from both sensors in
    order to provide reference sequences. In other cases where the images
    and waveforms might be acquired from independent devices, clocks for
    the different devices would need to be synchronized or working from a
    common time basis. That is the purpose of the IHE synchronized time
    integration profile. Also see the Synchronization module in DICOM 2006
    Part 3, Section c.7.4.2

    In some cases, the ECG and syncrhonized image data might be included
    directly as different areas of the image frame. For example some
    echocardiagraph ultrasounds will include ecg traces within the pixel
    data. The DICOM ultrasound region calibration module contains
    definition to extend measurement calibrations for the different into
    portions of the image for this purpose. In the past the waveform data
    could also be embbed directly in other image IODs, but this practice
    now discouraged

+ Reply to Thread