Conversion from Unicode to Japanese encodings - DICOM

This is a discussion on Conversion from Unicode to Japanese encodings - DICOM ; Hi, I have an application which takes japanese input in Unicode for the internationalizable VRs i.e. PN,SH,LO,ST,UT,LT. I have to put this data in the DICOM image(part 10 file format). My problem is that, for DICOM encodings in japanese, I ...

  1. Conversion from Unicode to Japanese encodings

    Hi,

    I have an application which takes japanese input in Unicode for the
    internationalizable VRs i.e. PN,SH,LO,ST,UT,LT. I have to put this data
    in the DICOM image(part 10 file format).

    My problem is that, for DICOM encodings in japanese, I have multiple
    encodings with code extensions, Like
    ISO-IR 13
    ISO-IR 14
    ISO-IR 87
    ISO-IR 159

    In the Unicode data that comes from the user interface these encodings
    can be intermixed. I want to know, how can I find out what range of
    bytes should be converted to which encoding.
    I am using ICU from IBM for conversion from Unicode to the japanese
    encodings mentioned above. But the icu conveter can convert only from
    unicode to one destination encoding. It will not detect and convert to
    multiple encodings( and put in the escape sequences).

    Can somebody advise.

    Thanks
    Smita

  2. Re: Conversion from Unicode to Japanese encodings

    Hi Smita
    Its bit tricky.
    Which platform you are working on?
    if it is Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 you need not panic,
    Microsoft will do it for you.

    Other wise its bit difficult.
    Let me know,

    Omkar

    singh.smita@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an application which takes japanese input in Unicode for the
    > internationalizable VRs i.e. PN,SH,LO,ST,UT,LT. I have to put this data
    > in the DICOM image(part 10 file format).
    >
    > My problem is that, for DICOM encodings in japanese, I have multiple
    > encodings with code extensions, Like
    > ISO-IR 13
    > ISO-IR 14
    > ISO-IR 87
    > ISO-IR 159
    >
    > In the Unicode data that comes from the user interface these encodings
    > can be intermixed. I want to know, how can I find out what range of
    > bytes should be converted to which encoding.
    > I am using ICU from IBM for conversion from Unicode to the japanese
    > encodings mentioned above. But the icu conveter can convert only from
    > unicode to one destination encoding. It will not detect and convert to
    > multiple encodings( and put in the escape sequences).
    >
    > Can somebody advise.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Smita

+ Reply to Thread