how to display a dicom multiframe image using java - DICOM

This is a discussion on how to display a dicom multiframe image using java - DICOM ; We are using dcm4chee to store to store XA images ( angiographic images) , very successfully. ( diferentes encodings, even dicom-jpeg2000) Our problem is to develop a software in JAVA that can dysplay this multiframe- images We have tried without ...

  1. how to display a dicom multiframe image using java

    We are using dcm4chee to store to store XA images ( angiographic
    images) ,
    very successfully. ( diferentes encodings, even dicom-jpeg2000)

    Our problem is to develop a software in JAVA that can dysplay this
    multiframe- images

    We have tried without succes. Perhaps we are doing the wrong thing??

    This java based viewer is for use in a public hospital n Brazil , and
    we need very much a piece of code to decode multiframe images. (
    regardless the encoding just a piece of code about how to decode and
    dysplay multiframe-images of any nature)

    Could you be so kind to point out what can we do about it ?

    Perhaps anyone can explain ( by a source example in java how to decode
    multiframe dicom image).

    Thanks a lot

  2. Re: how to display a dicom multiframe image using java

    Hi there,

    We have developed an XA viewer in C++. We even have a free light
    version, check: http://www.charruasoft.com/en/products/angiovista.htm

    If I can be of some help, don't doubt to contact me.
    We are localized in Montevideo, Uruguay.

    Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

    tecbra_engineer@gmail.com ha escrito:

    > We are using dcm4chee to store to store XA images ( angiographic
    > images) ,
    > very successfully. ( diferentes encodings, even dicom-jpeg2000)
    >
    > Our problem is to develop a software in JAVA that can dysplay this
    > multiframe- images
    >
    > We have tried without succes. Perhaps we are doing the wrong thing??
    >
    > This java based viewer is for use in a public hospital n Brazil , and
    > we need very much a piece of code to decode multiframe images. (
    > regardless the encoding just a piece of code about how to decode and
    > dysplay multiframe-images of any nature)
    >

    > Could you be so kind to point out what can we do about it ?
    >
    > Perhaps anyone can explain ( by a source example in java how to decode
    > multiframe dicom image).
    >
    > Thanks a lot

  3. Re: how to display a dicom multiframe image using java

    Hello Dear Compaņero,

    Thanks for your kind answer we already know your software and your
    solutions.But here we have a different proposal.

    We are joining efforts to build an open source application to be used
    and replicated in Public Hospitals, which the main interest is to offer
    an open implementation to the community rather than a proprietary one.

    Anyway, thanks a lot for interest and we invite you to give some kind
    of technical contribution regarding the display of multi-frame dicom
    images.

    Specifically a piece of code ( just an example ) about how to display
    such images.

    Thanks all

    rafa_sanguinetti@hotmail.com escreveu:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > We have developed an XA viewer in C++. We even have a free light
    > version, check: http://www.charruasoft.com/en/products/angiovista.htm
    >
    > If I can be of some help, don't doubt to contact me.
    > We are localized in Montevideo, Uruguay.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Rafael Sanguinetti
    > CharruaSoft.com
    >
    > tecbra_engineer@gmail.com ha escrito:
    >
    > > We are using dcm4chee to store to store XA images ( angiographic
    > > images) ,
    > > very successfully. ( diferentes encodings, even dicom-jpeg2000)
    > >
    > > Our problem is to develop a software in JAVA that can dysplay this
    > > multiframe- images
    > >
    > > We have tried without succes. Perhaps we are doing the wrong thing??
    > >
    > > This java based viewer is for use in a public hospital n Brazil , and
    > > we need very much a piece of code to decode multiframe images. (
    > > regardless the encoding just a piece of code about how to decode and
    > > dysplay multiframe-images of any nature)
    > >

    > > Could you be so kind to point out what can we do about it ?
    > >
    > > Perhaps anyone can explain ( by a source example in java how to decode
    > > multiframe dicom image).
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot

  4. Re: how to display a dicom multiframe image using java

    tecbra_engineer@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello Dear Compaņero,
    >
    > Thanks for your kind answer we already know your software and your
    > solutions.But here we have a different proposal.
    >
    > We are joining efforts to build an open source application to be used
    > and replicated in Public Hospitals, which the main interest is to offer
    > an open implementation to the community rather than a proprietary one.
    >
    > Anyway, thanks a lot for interest and we invite you to give some kind
    > of technical contribution regarding the display of multi-frame dicom
    > images.
    >
    > Specifically a piece of code ( just an example ) about how to display
    > such images.

    tecbra_engineer,

    You understand this is a newsgroup to talk about DICOM? My
    understanding is that you are facing an issue using Java, right ? There
    are plenty of toolkit to display 3D images, and there are multiple
    solutions (light box, volume rendering, MIP ...). I would think you'll
    find more usefull answers in a Java newsgroup.
    If I am wrong and this is indeed a DICOM issue, please refine the
    problem you are facing.

    Thanks,
    Mathieu
    Ps: We have integrated GDCM (the DICOM lib) with VTK (a viz toolkit)
    for example...

  5. Re: how to display a dicom multiframe image using java

    Don't think Java is fast enough to handle XA cine in real time. This
    is why I use C++.
    I understand your concern about propietary code. But we developers have
    to make a living! ;-)

    If someone is willing to sponsor the development of an XA viewer I am
    willing to do it open source...

    Regards, Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

    Mathieu Malaterre ha escrito:

    > tecbra_engineer@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hello Dear Compaņero,
    > >
    > > Thanks for your kind answer we already know your software and your
    > > solutions.But here we have a different proposal.
    > >
    > > We are joining efforts to build an open source application to be used
    > > and replicated in Public Hospitals, which the main interest is to offer
    > > an open implementation to the community rather than a proprietary one.
    > >
    > > Anyway, thanks a lot for interest and we invite you to give some kind
    > > of technical contribution regarding the display of multi-frame dicom
    > > images.
    > >
    > > Specifically a piece of code ( just an example ) about how to display
    > > such images.

    > tecbra_engineer,
    >
    > You understand this is a newsgroup to talk about DICOM? My
    > understanding is that you are facing an issue using Java, right ? There
    > are plenty of toolkit to display 3D images, and there are multiple
    > solutions (light box, volume rendering, MIP ...). I would think you'll
    > find more usefull answers in a Java newsgroup.
    > If I am wrong and this is indeed a DICOM issue, please refine the
    > problem you are facing.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mathieu
    > Ps: We have integrated GDCM (the DICOM lib) with VTK (a viz toolkit)
    > for example...

  6. Re: how to display a dicom multiframe image using java

    i hope you can use both dcm4che.jar and dcm4che-imageio-rle-2.0.12.jar
    or download this jar.there is an example which opens multiframe images.
    I m also creating a dicom viewer in java which can open multiframe images.
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread