Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage - DICOM

This is a discussion on Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage - DICOM ; Dear Friends, I am developing a WAV to DICOM converter. I followed the description in the standard but don't have any application to test my resulting file. If you want to take a look and can tell me if it ...

  1. Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage

    Dear Friends,

    I am developing a WAV to DICOM converter.
    I followed the description in the standard but don't have any
    application to test my resulting file.

    If you want to take a look and can tell me if it is or not a valid
    Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage, download this sample from here:
    http://www.charruasoft.com/en/downloads/audio.dcm

    Best Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

  2. Re: Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage

    Hello Rafael,

    just had a short look to your file and noticed that the DA format is
    invalid. You are using MMDDYYYY, while YYYYMMDD would be correct.

    Greetings
    Marianne

  3. Re: Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage

    rafa_sanguinetti@hotmail.com wrote:
    > If you want to take a look and can tell me if it is or not a valid
    > Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage, download this sample from here:
    > http://www.charruasoft.com/en/downloads/audio.dcm

    Just a few error reports, generated with our DICOM checker (DCMCHECK):
    - FileMetaInformationVersion in the meta-header is incorrect (should be 00\01)
    - WaveformSampleInterpretation has the wrong VR (SS instead of CS)
    - SOPInstanceUID and MediaStorageSOPInstanceUID, StudyInstanceUID and
    SeriesInstanceUID contain invalid UIDs (no leading zeroes allowed and
    UIDs never start with 9999).
    - StudyDate and ContentDate contain invalid dates. DICOM date format
    is YYYYMMDD.
    - A few required attributes are missing:
    - AcquisitionDatetime
    - AcquisitionContextSequence
    - ChannelDefinitionSequence in the WaveformSequence

    I have not checked the PCM audio data as such.

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg
    OFFIS

  4. Re: Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage

    Thanks you both....
    I will update those issues...

    Regards,
    Rafael Sanguinetti
    CharruaSoft.com

    Marco Eichelberg ha escrito:

    > rafa_sanguinetti@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > If you want to take a look and can tell me if it is or not a valid
    > > Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage, download this sample from here:
    > > http://www.charruasoft.com/en/downloads/audio.dcm

    > Just a few error reports, generated with our DICOM checker (DCMCHECK):
    > - FileMetaInformationVersion in the meta-header is incorrect (should be 00\01)
    > - WaveformSampleInterpretation has the wrong VR (SS instead of CS)
    > - SOPInstanceUID and MediaStorageSOPInstanceUID, StudyInstanceUID and
    > SeriesInstanceUID contain invalid UIDs (no leading zeroes allowed and
    > UIDs never start with 9999).
    > - StudyDate and ContentDate contain invalid dates. DICOM date format
    > is YYYYMMDD.
    > - A few required attributes are missing:
    > - AcquisitionDatetime
    > - AcquisitionContextSequence
    > - ChannelDefinitionSequence in the WaveformSequence
    >
    > I have not checked the PCM audio data as such.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Marco Eichelberg
    > OFFIS

  5. Re: Basic Voice Audio Waveform Storage

    i want to use this sop class to store audio.i have read all the documents about tags and uids but i don't know how i can start to convert wav file to dicom file.is there any example can help me?or a document that is related to.i am a newbie to dicom.... .
    thanks in advanced

+ Reply to Thread