Presentation State in Dicom Viewer - DICOM

This is a discussion on Presentation State in Dicom Viewer - DICOM ; Hai Every body How can i Test the Presentation file generated by me is correct or not. whether there is any particular format which i should follow based on DICOM Conformance? Thanks in advance with regards Dicom_Tester...

  1. Presentation State in Dicom Viewer

    Hai Every body

    How can i Test the Presentation file generated by me is correct or not.
    whether there is any particular format which i should follow based on
    DICOM Conformance?

    Thanks in advance

    with regards
    Dicom_Tester

  2. Re: Presentation State in Dicom Viewer

    DICOM_TESTER wrote:
    > Hai Every body
    >
    > How can i Test the Presentation file generated by me is correct or not.
    > whether there is any particular format which i should follow based on
    > DICOM Conformance?

    Generally the format defined for the object in dicom standard part 3 is
    a good place to go for format definitions. Part 3, Table A.33.2 defines
    the mandatory and user option modules which can be included in the
    object. The module definitions are listed in appendix C of the same
    part.

    One thing you ought to get clear is which of the multiple functions
    offered by the object you have used in your instance. The reference I
    cite above is for the greyscale presentation state (GSPS) object only
    (there are now color, pseudo-color and blending presentation state
    objects as well). For the GSPS object, the standard identifies the
    following functions/information which can be encoded into the object
    and used by applications when rendering an image or set of images with
    the presentation state
    a. the output grayscale space in P-Values
    b. grayscale contrast transformations including modality and VOI LUT
    c. mask subtraction for multi-frame images
    d. selection of the area of the image to display and whether to rotate
    or flip it
    e. image and display relative annotations, including graphics, text and
    overlays

    The format of the object and modules used in your object depend on
    which of the above functions you've intended to encode in your object.
    Perhaps you would like to describe more fully what it is you're trying
    to do.

  3. Re: Presentation State in Dicom Viewer

    DICOM_TESTER wrote:

    > How can i Test the Presentation file generated by me is correct or not.
    > whether there is any particular format which i should follow based on
    > DICOM Conformance?

    The dciodvfy in my dicom3tools will validate compliance of the content
    with the IOD defined in the standard - works on Unix (Linux, Mac) only.

    David

+ Reply to Thread