Dicom compliancy - DICOM

This is a discussion on Dicom compliancy - DICOM ; Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew which photometric interpretations are required by Dicom in order to be Dicom compliant for Ultrasound Images. I also wanted to know if anybody knew of where I could find examples of YBR_FULL_422 , ...

  1. Dicom compliancy

    Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody knew which photometric interpretations are
    required by Dicom in order to be Dicom compliant for Ultrasound Images.
    I also wanted to know if anybody knew of where I could find examples
    of YBR_FULL_422 , because there doesn't seem to be any on the web. Any
    Help would greatly be appreciated Thank you.

    Thanks,
    kgohres

  2. Re: Dicom compliancy

    kgohres wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I was wondering if anybody knew which photometric interpretations are
    > required by Dicom in order to be Dicom compliant for Ultrasound Images.
    > I also wanted to know if anybody knew of where I could find examples
    > of YBR_FULL_422 , because there doesn't seem to be any on the web. Any
    > Help would greatly be appreciated Thank you.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > kgohres

    I know of at least one: ACUSON-24-YBR_FULL_422-Jpeg_Baseline_1.dcm
    which we use in gdcmData (for our regression testing).

    HTH
    Mathieu
    http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...et/Acusson_US/

  3. Ultrasound photometric interpretation

    kgohres wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I was wondering if anybody knew which photometric interpretations are
    > required by Dicom in order to be Dicom compliant for Ultrasound Images.

    See PS 3.3 - 2006, Page 416, C.8.5.6.1.2 Photometric Interpretation:
    the allowed ones are MONOCHROME2, PALETTE COLOR, RGB, ARGB (retired),
    YBR_FULL, YBR_FULL_422, YBR_PARTIAL_422, YBR_RCT, YBR_ICT,
    YBR_PARTIAL_420.

    In my experience, I've seen only MONOCHROME2 and RGB for uncompressed
    and RLE lossless compressed images, and YBR_FULL_422 for JPEG
    compressed images only. Some vendors also have PALETTE COLOR, if I
    remember well.

    To export the images on MOD, CD and DVD using the Ultrasound
    Application Profile, you should follow the constraints in Table C.3-2
    of PS 3.11-2006, Page 31.

    > I also wanted to know if anybody knew of where I could find examples
    > of YBR_FULL_422 , because there doesn't seem to be any on the web. Any
    > Help would greatly be appreciated Thank you.

    I will send you some sample. Please note that YBR_FULL_422 is used to
    enhance the effect of the JPEG compression, when decompressing the
    image normally it will be converted back to RGB.

    Regards.

    Luigi Pampana-Biancheri
    Esaote S.p.A. - Genova - Italy
    mailto:luigi.pampana at esaote.com

  4. Re: Dicom compliancy

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > kgohres wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I was wondering if anybody knew which photometric interpretations are
    > > required by Dicom in order to be Dicom compliant for Ultrasound Images.
    > > I also wanted to know if anybody knew of where I could find examples
    > > of YBR_FULL_422 , because there doesn't seem to be any on the web. Any
    > > Help would greatly be appreciated Thank you.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > kgohres

    > I know of at least one: ACUSON-24-YBR_FULL_422-Jpeg_Baseline_1.dcm
    > which we use in gdcmData (for our regression testing).
    >
    > HTH
    > Mathieu
    > http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~jpr...et/Acusson_US/

    That's also the 4th link when searching for YBR_FULL_422 with
    google.com :-P

+ Reply to Thread