Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer - DICOM

This is a discussion on Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer - DICOM ; Hai Every Body Can any one tell me annotation of measurement which are done on the image are correct or not. Right now what i do is to compare the data with different viewer. Is there any other option to ...

  1. Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer

    Hai Every Body

    Can any one tell me annotation of measurement which are done on the
    image are correct or not. Right now what i do is to compare the data
    with different viewer. Is there any other option to check this?

    Thanks in advance

    with regards
    DICOM_TESTER

  2. Re: Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer

    how method your encoding?
    as that annotation module in GSPS or as the way of overlay?
    the software of dicomscope can dispaly overlay.

    DICOM_TESTER wrote:
    > Hai Every Body
    >
    > Can any one tell me annotation of measurement which are done on the
    > image are correct or not. Right now what i do is to compare the data
    > with different viewer. Is there any other option to check this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > with regards
    > DICOM_TESTER

  3. Re: Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer

    Hai Scott

    We use GSPS and whether there is any tool or method to test whether the
    presentation state is correct or not

    Thanks in advance

    with regards
    DICOM_TESTER

    scott wrote:
    > how method your encoding?
    > as that annotation module in GSPS or as the way of overlay?
    > the software of dicomscope can dispaly overlay.
    >
    > DICOM_TESTER wrote:
    > > Hai Every Body
    > >
    > > Can any one tell me annotation of measurement which are done on the
    > > image are correct or not. Right now what i do is to compare the data
    > > with different viewer. Is there any other option to check this?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > with regards
    > > DICOM_TESTER

  4. Re: Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer

    > We use GSPS and whether there is any tool or method to test whether
    > the presentation state is correct or not

    You could e.g. use dcmpschk from the DCMTK. This tool is also available
    from the DICOMscope GUI.

    Regards,
    Joerg Riesmeier
    OFFIS

  5. Re: Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer

    DICOM_TESTER wrote:
    > Hai Every Body
    >
    > Can any one tell me annotation of measurement which are done on the
    > image are correct or not. Right now what i do is to compare the data
    > with different viewer. Is there any other option to check this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > with regards
    > DICOM_TESTER

    In PACS RFP acceptance tests in which I was a participant, measurement
    validation was performed by generating images containing objects of
    known dimensions, performing annotation/measurements on those images,
    and checking the annotation values generated by the software against
    the known dimensions of objects imaged.

    There are a number of phantoms and instruments commonly kept/used in
    radiology departments to perform calibrations on equipment and gage
    measurements which support these efforts --e.g. MR phantoms with
    internal cells of known dimensions, measuring "tapes" with tick markes
    and numbers printed in lead-containing pigments, balls & cubes of known
    dimensions, etc.

    In projection radiology (CR, DR, DX, XA) even these techniques may show
    inaccurate results. Radiation physicists speak of "minification" and
    "magnification" factors due to the separation of the imaging sensor,
    xray source, and projection/shadow effects.

    One technique use I've seen used in hip xrays is placement of lead
    pigmented "stickers" onto both the "towards" and "away" sides of the
    patient. These stickers are of known size. The difference between their
    apparent/measured size in the image and the known size of the stickers
    both closer and further away from the xray source is used to
    interpolate actual distance measures in the interior of the patient
    (needed for appliance fitting). My point here is validation of the
    measurements is not always simply a matter of determining whether what
    you measure corresponds to the reality of what was imaged. In some
    cases, the image measurement is known to be different from the reality,
    and that difference itself is used to impart useful information

  6. Re: Annotation Testing in the DIcom Viewer

    You can also try dciodvfy from dicom3tools.

    David

    Joerg Riesmeier wrote:
    >> We use GSPS and whether there is any tool or method to test whether
    >> the presentation state is correct or not

    > You could e.g. use dcmpschk from the DCMTK. This tool is also available
    > from the DICOMscope GUI.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Joerg Riesmeier
    > OFFIS