Going back to raw data from displayed image - DICOM

This is a discussion on Going back to raw data from displayed image - DICOM ; Hi, How can I get raw data from the pixel image of a dicom file using rescaleslope, rescale intercept, window center, window witdh and ect. all which are necessary. I want a reverse order processing to get raw data from ...

  1. Going back to raw data from displayed image

    Hi,
    How can I get raw data from the pixel image of a dicom file using
    rescaleslope, rescale intercept, window center, window witdh and ect.
    all which are necessary.
    I want a reverse order processing to get raw data from the displayed
    image.
    Kind regards

  2. Re: Going back to raw data from displayed image

    gazoz wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How can I get raw data from the pixel image of a dicom file using
    > rescaleslope, rescale intercept, window center, window witdh and ect.
    > all which are necessary.

    See PS 3.3. In the 2006 edition this is at page 333

    C.7.6.16.2.11.1.2 Rela World Values Mapping Sequence Attributes

    You don't need window center and window width to get what you described
    as 'raw data'

    > I want a reverse order processing to get raw data from the displayed
    > image.

    That's a completely different problem. I am not sure if there is even a
    correct way of doing this. I guess Intercept can be the min Real World
    Value, but for Slope you'll have to decide how much information you are
    ready to loose.

    HTH
    Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread