How to make a lookup table for window width /center - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to make a lookup table for window width /center - DICOM ; Hi I want to apply width and center to my images on mouseover move event and it is working fine but it is very slow ,that is because i am runnhing a for loop to apply W and L to ...

  1. How to make a lookup table for window width /center

    Hi

    I want to apply width and center to my images on mouseover move
    event and it is working fine but it is very slow ,that is because i am
    runnhing a for loop to apply W and L to each pixel in the pixel array.

    Now i came to know that we must use a look up table to make it faster
    ,but i don't know how to make look up table.

    Any help will do .

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to make a lookup table for window width /center

    thippeswamy.kn@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to apply width and center to my images on mouseover move
    > event and it is working fine but it is very slow ,that is because i am
    > runnhing a for loop to apply W and L to each pixel in the pixel array.
    >
    > Now i came to know that we must use a look up table to make it faster
    > ,but i don't know how to make look up table.

    Hi thippeswamy.kn,

    I don't think IMHO you'll find a lot of help here for this particular
    issue. You should maybe try a newsgroup for viz algorithm. As a side
    note if you know what hardware you have access OpenGL can solve your
    optimization issue (access directly the video hardware).

    HTH
    Mathieu

  3. Re: How to make a lookup table for window width /center

    Hi

    thippeswamy.kn@gmail.com wrote:

    > I want to apply width and center to my images on mouseover move
    > event and it is working fine but it is very slow ,that is because i am
    > runnhing a for loop to apply W and L to each pixel in the pixel array.
    >
    > Now i came to know that we must use a look up table to make it faster
    > ,but i don't know how to make look up table.

    See as a (not very efficient) example the source code in my pixelmed Java tools
    for com.pixelmed.display.WindowCenterAndWidth.applyWin dowCenterAndWidthLinear();

    David

+ Reply to Thread