C++ DICOM viewer - DICOM

This is a discussion on C++ DICOM viewer - DICOM ; Hi to everybody! i would like to know if is there some c++ class/library that can display dicom images (--> which already provides a dicom viewer, already done). I know that there is GDCM or OFFIS libraries, but i would ...

  1. C++ DICOM viewer

    Hi to everybody!
    i would like to know if is there some c++ class/library that can
    display dicom images (--> which already provides a dicom viewer,
    already done). I know that there is GDCM or OFFIS libraries, but i
    would like to know if there is something already done, or if somebody
    can give me little pieces of code.
    i'm making benchmarks about performances in display of images using
    JAVA, VTK & C++ programming languages (if you need help in these pr.
    lang, just call !!).
    Thank you!
    Giorgio

  2. Re: C++ DICOM viewer

    cookingJU wrote:
    > Hi to everybody!
    > i would like to know if is there some c++ class/library that can
    > display dicom images (--> which already provides a dicom viewer,
    > already done). I know that there is GDCM or OFFIS libraries, but i
    > would like to know if there is something already done, or if somebody
    > can give me little pieces of code.
    > i'm making benchmarks about performances in display of images using
    > JAVA, VTK & C++ programming languages (if you need help in these pr.
    > lang, just call !!).

    If you are interested in optimized DICOM file reading (no
    query/retrieve). I suggest you also give a shot to gdcm2 (a ground up
    rewrite of GDCM) in your benchmark comparison.

    Mathieu
    (*)http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcm

  3. Re: C++ DICOM viewer

    Thanks Mathieu!
    i just needed something else...i am expert in java, but i know almost
    nothing (just syntax, structures..) about C++. Now i wanted to know if
    is there any easy and simplier c++ program (with source..so i can
    understand it) which holds a window for loading dicom images (and for
    zoomming, panning and window/level).
    Can you help me please?
    Thanks
    JU

    Mathieu Malaterre ha scritto:

    > cookingJU wrote:
    > > Hi to everybody!
    > > i would like to know if is there some c++ class/library that can
    > > display dicom images (--> which already provides a dicom viewer,
    > > already done). I know that there is GDCM or OFFIS libraries, but i
    > > would like to know if there is something already done, or if somebody
    > > can give me little pieces of code.
    > > i'm making benchmarks about performances in display of images using
    > > JAVA, VTK & C++ programming languages (if you need help in these pr.
    > > lang, just call !!).

    > If you are interested in optimized DICOM file reading (no
    > query/retrieve). I suggest you also give a shot to gdcm2 (a ground up
    > rewrite of GDCM) in your benchmark comparison.
    >
    > Mathieu
    > (*)http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcm

  4. Re: C++ DICOM viewer

    cookingJU wrote:
    > Thanks Mathieu!
    > i just needed something else...i am expert in java, but i know almost
    > nothing (just syntax, structures..) about C++. Now i wanted to know if
    > is there any easy and simplier c++ program (with source..so i can
    > understand it) which holds a window for loading dicom images (and for
    > zoomming, panning and window/level).
    > Can you help me please?

    Hi cookingJU,

    This is looks like an off-topic question. Anyway if you feel more
    confortable with Java, simply stay with Java. gdcm is supposed to be
    the DICOM library, nothing else. It was successfully integrated in VTK
    (a viz package) and ITK (an image segmentation/registration toolkit).
    To go back to your question, I would look into SWIG to wrap a Java
    interface of GDCM, thus allowing you to manipulate GDCM as if it was a
    Java library. Warning: GDCM was only wrapped in Python so far, nobody
    -AFAIK- has ever attempted to wrap it into Java.

    Good luck
    Mathieu
    Ref: http://www.swig.org/

+ Reply to Thread