How to Create Database for pacs - DICOM

This is a discussion on How to Create Database for pacs - DICOM ; Hi, I am going to create database for ower own product.So i have to made at least four table like patient , Study , Series , and image. Which tag i have to put in which table, most of them ...

  1. How to Create Database for pacs

    Hi,
    I am going to create database for ower own product.So i have to made
    at least four table like patient , Study , Series , and image. Which
    tag i have to put in which table, most of them i know but how to map
    them i donot know.I means that which tag is common in patient and
    study,study and series,series and images.
    hava any idea please share with me.

    with regards
    Neeraj

  2. Re: How to Create Database for pacs

    Greetings,
    If you are developing PACS, you need a lot of tables not only for
    patient,study,series,images but also for modality work list, mpps scu,
    user etc.

    Patient contains multiple studies.
    Study contains multiple series.
    Series contains multiple images.

    So patient table contains basic patient inforamtion, such as name, id,
    DOB, sex(thats is group number starting 0010) also keep one field for
    bulk data, so that all other information can be stored here
    Now the study table should contain one field for patient primarykey
    along with other fields such as ref physician, accession number, study
    description, study id, study IUID etc
    Series table should contain one field for study primary key. Also it
    should contain Series id, Series IUID, modality, institution etc.
    And Finally, Image table contains one field forseries primary key. also
    should be there with the details of images.
    Then you can either create a seperate table for storing files or you
    can have same image table should contain the detail of file path

    Reagrds
    Alvin

    Neeraj wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am going to create database for ower own product.So i have to made
    > at least four table like patient , Study , Series , and image. Which
    > tag i have to put in which table, most of them i know but how to map
    > them i donot know.I means that which tag is common in patient and
    > study,study and series,series and images.
    > hava any idea please share with me.
    >
    > with regards
    > Neeraj

  3. Re: How to Create Database for pacs

    HI alvin

    Thanks for the reply.

    My probloem is which one to make primary key in patient table,
    because i found some of the images does'nt contain patient ID tag in
    that case which one to use as primary key.
    Same with other tables what if i donot find StudyID in an image.

    Thanks again
    Neeraj

    alvin wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > If you are developing PACS, you need a lot of tables not only for
    > patient,study,series,images but also for modality work list, mpps scu,
    > user etc.
    >
    > Patient contains multiple studies.
    > Study contains multiple series.
    > Series contains multiple images.
    >
    > So patient table contains basic patient inforamtion, such as name, id,
    > DOB, sex(thats is group number starting 0010) also keep one field for
    > bulk data, so that all other information can be stored here
    > Now the study table should contain one field for patient primarykey
    > along with other fields such as ref physician, accession number, study
    > description, study id, study IUID etc
    > Series table should contain one field for study primary key. Also it
    > should contain Series id, Series IUID, modality, institution etc.
    > And Finally, Image table contains one field forseries primary key. also
    > should be there with the details of images.
    > Then you can either create a seperate table for storing files or you
    > can have same image table should contain the detail of file path
    >
    > Reagrds
    > Alvin
    >

    > Neeraj wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I am going to create database for ower own product.So i have to made
    > > at least four table like patient , Study , Series , and image. Which
    > > tag i have to put in which table, most of them i know but how to map
    > > them i donot know.I means that which tag is common in patient and
    > > study,study and series,series and images.
    > > hava any idea please share with me.
    > >
    > > with regards
    > > Neeraj

  4. Re: How to Create Database for pacs

    Greetings,
    In all the tables, create primary key as an auto generated number or
    auto incremented number.
    Regards
    Alvin

    thippeswamy.kn@gmail.com wrote:
    > HI alvin
    >
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > My probloem is which one to make primary key in patient table,
    > because i found some of the images does'nt contain patient ID tag in
    > that case which one to use as primary key.
    > Same with other tables what if i donot find StudyID in an image.
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Neeraj
    >
    > alvin wrote:
    > > Greetings,
    > > If you are developing PACS, you need a lot of tables not only for
    > > patient,study,series,images but also for modality work list, mpps scu,
    > > user etc.
    > >
    > > Patient contains multiple studies.
    > > Study contains multiple series.
    > > Series contains multiple images.
    > >
    > > So patient table contains basic patient inforamtion, such as name, id,
    > > DOB, sex(thats is group number starting 0010) also keep one field for
    > > bulk data, so that all other information can be stored here
    > > Now the study table should contain one field for patient primarykey
    > > along with other fields such as ref physician, accession number, study
    > > description, study id, study IUID etc
    > > Series table should contain one field for study primary key. Also it
    > > should contain Series id, Series IUID, modality, institution etc.
    > > And Finally, Image table contains one field forseries primary key. also
    > > should be there with the details of images.
    > > Then you can either create a seperate table for storing files or you
    > > can have same image table should contain the detail of file path
    > >
    > > Reagrds
    > > Alvin
    > >

    > > Neeraj wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I am going to create database for ower own product.So i have to made
    > > > at least four table like patient , Study , Series , and image. Which
    > > > tag i have to put in which table, most of them i know but how to map
    > > > them i donot know.I means that which tag is common in patient and
    > > > study,study and series,series and images.
    > > > hava any idea please share with me.
    > > >
    > > > with regards
    > > > Neeraj

+ Reply to Thread