New Tool: DICOMpedia - DICOM

This is a discussion on New Tool: DICOMpedia - DICOM ; Hello all, we wrote a little tool that looks up DICOM attributes in the Data Dictionary (part 6): http://www.dicom-solutions.com/dicompedia.shtm . Please have a look at it. I hope you'll find it useful. DICOMpedia is also available as a Google gadget ...

  1. New Tool: DICOMpedia

    Hello all,

    we wrote a little tool that looks up DICOM attributes in the Data
    Dictionary (part 6):
    http://www.dicom-solutions.com/dicompedia.shtm.

    Please have a look at it. I hope you'll find it useful.

    DICOMpedia is also available as a Google gadget for your personalized
    start page:
    http://fusion.google.com/add?moduleu...dicompedia.xml

    Greetings
    Marianne

  2. Re: New Tool: DICOMpedia

    Marianne wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > we wrote a little tool that looks up DICOM attributes in the Data
    > Dictionary (part 6):
    > http://www.dicom-solutions.com/dicompedia.shtm.
    >
    > Please have a look at it. I hope you'll find it useful.
    >
    > DICOMpedia is also available as a Google gadget for your personalized
    > start page:
    > http://fusion.google.com/add?moduleu...dicompedia.xml

    Hi Marianne,

    That looks pretty cool unfortunately I cannot search for Pixel Data
    (7fe0,0010) is there a trick with hex (non digit) number ?

    Mathieu

  3. Re: New Tool: DICOMpedia

    Hi Mathieu,

    thanx for the hint.
    It worked only with capital letters. We've modified it now so that
    small letters are also allowed.

    Marianne

  4. Re: New Tool: DICOMpedia

    > we wrote a little tool that looks up DICOM attributes in the Data
    > Dictionary (part 6):
    > Please have a look at it. I hope you'll find it useful.

    There is one suggestion I would like to make have after having played with the tool.
    There should be a "reverse lookup". Often I remember the name of an attribute, but don't
    recall the precise numerical value. Such a reverse lookup should probably ignore upper
    case/lower case, punctuation and space characters, i.e. both "Patient's Name" and
    "patientsname" should be mapped to (0010,0010).

    Regards,
    Marco Eichelberg

  5. Re: New Tool: DICOMpedia

    Hello Marco,

    We already thought about a reverse lookup and will implement this.
    However, it'll take some time until we can start with it.

    Marianne

  6. Re: New Tool: DICOMpedia

    Hello Bernd,
    wildcard matching is a good idea and could extend the reverse lookup.
    We'll consider this.
    Marianne

  7. Re: New Tool: DICOMpedia

    The reverse search is now online: