Length Calculation in 3D reconstructed Images . - DICOM

This is a discussion on Length Calculation in 3D reconstructed Images . - DICOM ; I have a CT series. with 2D and 3D-reconstructed images , I can trivially get the length calculation to work for 2D images. However, for 3D, my calculation proves to be totally wrong. Is there any specific Dicom tag that ...

  1. Length Calculation in 3D reconstructed Images .

    I have a CT series.
    with 2D and 3D-reconstructed images ,
    I can trivially get the length calculation to work for 2D images.
    However, for 3D, my calculation proves to be totally wrong.

    Is there any specific Dicom tag that I need to look for?
    Any specific length calculation for 3D images that I need to use?
    --
    kris

  2. Re: Length Calculation in 3D reconstructed Images .

    kris108 wrote:
    > I have a CT series.
    > with 2D and 3D-reconstructed images ,
    > I can trivially get the length calculation to work for 2D images.
    > However, for 3D, my calculation proves to be totally wrong.
    >
    > Is there any specific Dicom tag that I need to look for?
    > Any specific length calculation for 3D images that I need to use?

    For cross sectional images, you should only need Image Position
    (Patient) and Image Orientation (Patient).

    HTH
    Mathieu

+ Reply to Thread