Dicom Converter Application - DICOM

This is a discussion on Dicom Converter Application - DICOM ; I need an application that converts acr images (*.ani) to Dicom (*.dcm), preferred platform WIN. Could be Linux. Images are inside a Gyroscan nt 5 RMI. They are extracted thru the rj45 jack. The application needs to: - automatically extract ...

  1. Dicom Converter Application

    I need an application that converts acr images (*.ani) to Dicom
    (*.dcm), preferred platform WIN. Could be Linux.

    Images are inside a Gyroscan nt 5 RMI. They are extracted thru the rj45
    jack.

    The application needs to:

    - automatically extract the .ani images from MRI
    - automatically convert all images into dicom images
    - possibility to choose number of images i want to print
    - allow to send the images to a native dicom printer

    I could not find anyone that matches with these requirements... Does
    anyone know any app? What about developing it? If i can not find a
    developed app i would probably need to start to consider to develop
    one.

  2. Re: Dicom Converter Application

    On 21 Jun 2006 20:13:19 -0700, "Kvnz" wrote:

    Bonjour "Kvnz",

    Hum... I do have a product that will answer part of your needs.

    DICOMatic is a format converter that can convert a number (>30) old
    scanner image format to DICOM. However, DICOMatic will just do the
    "Automatic conversion", it will not meet your other requirements.

    I do have a "companion" software, "DICOM_Watch" that work in
    conjunction with DICOMatic that may also help...

    For the "extract the .ani images from the MRI", you mean something on
    the scanner side that will send the images over to the PC?
    does the scanner has a FTP push option? If it does, the DICOM_Watch
    can be used on the PC side to automate the conversion and "send the
    images to a DICOM printer", but it is not interactive, so the "choose
    the images" option will not be available.

    Fell free to download and try the products. You can get them from
    www.TomoVision.com

    Merci,

    Yves Martel

    >I need an application that converts acr images (*.ani) to Dicom
    >(*.dcm), preferred platform WIN. Could be Linux.
    >
    >Images are inside a Gyroscan nt 5 RMI. They are extracted thru the rj45
    >jack.
    >
    >The application needs to:
    >
    >- automatically extract the .ani images from MRI
    >- automatically convert all images into dicom images
    >- possibility to choose number of images i want to print
    >- allow to send the images to a native dicom printer
    >
    >I could not find anyone that matches with these requirements... Does
    >anyone know any app? What about developing it? If i can not find a
    >developed app i would probably need to start to consider to develop
    >one.

  3. Re: Dicom Converter Application

    Hi
    Did you Try gimp.

    This software, open dicom and save to others kind.
    www.gimp.org

    Bye

    Yves Martel wrote:
    > On 21 Jun 2006 20:13:19 -0700, "Kvnz" wrote:
    >
    > Bonjour "Kvnz",
    >
    > Hum... I do have a product that will answer part of your needs.
    >
    > DICOMatic is a format converter that can convert a number (>30) old
    > scanner image format to DICOM. However, DICOMatic will just do the
    > "Automatic conversion", it will not meet your other requirements.
    >
    > I do have a "companion" software, "DICOM_Watch" that work in
    > conjunction with DICOMatic that may also help...
    >
    > For the "extract the .ani images from the MRI", you mean something on
    > the scanner side that will send the images over to the PC?
    > does the scanner has a FTP push option? If it does, the DICOM_Watch
    > can be used on the PC side to automate the conversion and "send the
    > images to a DICOM printer", but it is not interactive, so the "choose
    > the images" option will not be available.
    >
    > Fell free to download and try the products. You can get them from
    > www.TomoVision.com
    >
    > Merci,
    >
    > Yves Martel
    >

    > >I need an application that converts acr images (*.ani) to Dicom
    > >(*.dcm), preferred platform WIN. Could be Linux.
    > >
    > >Images are inside a Gyroscan nt 5 RMI. They are extracted thru the rj45
    > >jack.
    > >
    > >The application needs to:
    > >
    > >- automatically extract the .ani images from MRI
    > >- automatically convert all images into dicom images
    > >- possibility to choose number of images i want to print
    > >- allow to send the images to a native dicom printer
    > >
    > >I could not find anyone that matches with these requirements... Does
    > >anyone know any app? What about developing it? If i can not find a
    > >developed app i would probably need to start to consider to develop
    > >one.

+ Reply to Thread