AE Title Tools -- Show AE - DICOM

This is a discussion on AE Title Tools -- Show AE - DICOM ; Are there any free tools available that can show the AE Title coming from a modality? I would want this tool on my laptop and would configure the modality to send an image through this tool....

  1. AE Title Tools -- Show AE

    Are there any free tools available that can show the AE Title coming from a modality? I would want this tool on my laptop and would configure the modality to send an image through this tool.

  2. Re: AE Title Tools -- Show AE

    Hidden wrote:
    > Are there any free tools available that can show the AE Title coming from a modality? I
    > would want this tool on my laptop and would configure the modality to send an image
    > through this tool.

    This question was posed a short while ago. The short answer to your
    question is: dicom does not specify anything in the standard that would
    allow you to do that. No standard means heuristic approach to solving
    this problem or accessing a central repository of information (site
    specific database) that would contain the needed AE titles.

    Check out:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....2d2c680e72213a

    HTH.
    Razvan

  3. Re: AE Title Tools -- Show AE

    When I want to know a unknowed AE title, I sniff the connection and than
    I see the dicom association in a simple text editor. It's very simple
    but you must know the IP of source and target of dicom connection
    (sometime it's not so simple).

    Razvan Costea-Barlutiu wrote:
    > Hidden wrote:
    >> Are there any free tools available that can show the AE Title coming from a modality? I
    >> would want this tool on my laptop and would configure the modality to send an image
    >> through this tool.

    > This question was posed a short while ago. The short answer to your
    > question is: dicom does not specify anything in the standard that would
    > allow you to do that. No standard means heuristic approach to solving
    > this problem or accessing a central repository of information (site
    > specific database) that would contain the needed AE titles.
    >
    > Check out:
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....2d2c680e72213a
    >
    > HTH.
    > Razvan