Comman Attribute bet SUTDY,SERIES,IMAGE Q/R Level - DICOM

This is a discussion on Comman Attribute bet SUTDY,SERIES,IMAGE Q/R Level - DICOM ; hello According to my understanding there is no comman Attribute among STUDY,SERIES,and IMAGE Q/R level, So How can i search in Hierarchical Manner. Any have idea plz share with me regards Neeraj...

  1. Comman Attribute bet SUTDY,SERIES,IMAGE Q/R Level

    hello
    According to my understanding there is no comman Attribute among
    STUDY,SERIES,and IMAGE Q/R level, So How can i search in Hierarchical
    Manner.
    Any have idea plz share with me

    regards
    Neeraj

  2. Re: Comman Attribute bet SUTDY,SERIES,IMAGE Q/R Level

    Neeraj wrote:
    > hello
    > According to my understanding there is no comman Attribute among
    > STUDY,SERIES,and IMAGE Q/R level, So How can i search in Hierarchical
    > Manner.

    Perform a STUDY level query and get a list of Study Instance UIDs.

    For each Study Instance UID perform a SERIES level query and get a
    list if Series Instance UIDs.

    For each Series Instance UID perform an IMAGE level query.

    Note that in the SERIES level query, the Study Instance UID will be
    sent
    as a required key.

    For the IMAGE level query both the Study Instance UID and the Series
    Instance UID will be sent as required keys.

    David

  3. Re: Comman Attribute bet SUTDY,SERIES,IMAGE Q/R Level

    Neeraj wrote:
    > hello
    > According to my understanding there is no comman Attribute among
    > STUDY,SERIES,and IMAGE Q/R level, So How can i search in Hierarchical
    > Manner.
    > Any have idea plz share with me
    >
    > regards
    > Neeraj

    Attribute (0008,0052) Query/Retrieve Level in the request identifier
    specifies the level at which you are querying in the model. The SOP
    Class you're querying in also defines the set of levels you can work
    in: Patient Root: Patient-->Study-->Series--->Instance; Study Root:
    Study-->Series-->Instance, Patient Study Only: Patient-->Study

    Whatever level you're querying at, you have to provide unique keys
    identifying a single "instance" for all the entities above the level
    you''re querying --i.e. querying in the Patient-Root C-find, at the
    study level, you much specifiy an unique value for the patient ID. You
    can match/search for any study level attributes, but you have to have
    defined a unique identifier for the patient. Same thing querying at the
    Series level - you can query for any series level attribute, but you
    have to have constrained the query to a specific patient and specific
    study (whose UID you received either from a previous study level query,
    or through some out of band communication).

    Since the standard doesn't really discuss the out of band communication
    path, it is hierarchical because you have to first query at the top
    levels, to get (and choose) the unique Id values for the lower values.

    You're not supposed to allow matching on mixes of attributes at
    different levels in the hierarchy (no mixing of Study Date and Series
    Modality in a single query) unless you're supporting relational model
    queries - but many SCP's in fact do a straight mapping of the match
    keys to to a relational query, and don't enforce either the unique
    value for parent entities or restriction of not mixing match keys at
    different levels

  4. Re: Comman Attribute bet SUTDY,SERIES,IMAGE Q/R Level

    I got this.
    thanks
    regards
    Neeraj

    eric.goodall@gmail.com wrote:

    > Neeraj wrote:
    > > hello
    > > According to my understanding there is no comman Attribute among
    > > STUDY,SERIES,and IMAGE Q/R level, So How can i search in Hierarchical
    > > Manner.
    > > Any have idea plz share with me
    > >
    > > regards
    > > Neeraj

    > Attribute (0008,0052) Query/Retrieve Level in the request identifier
    > specifies the level at which you are querying in the model. The SOP
    > Class you're querying in also defines the set of levels you can work
    > in: Patient Root: Patient-->Study-->Series--->Instance; Study Root:
    > Study-->Series-->Instance, Patient Study Only: Patient-->Study
    >
    > Whatever level you're querying at, you have to provide unique keys
    > identifying a single "instance" for all the entities above the level
    > you''re querying --i.e. querying in the Patient-Root C-find, at the
    > study level, you much specifiy an unique value for the patient ID. You
    > can match/search for any study level attributes, but you have to have
    > defined a unique identifier for the patient. Same thing querying at the
    > Series level - you can query for any series level attribute, but you
    > have to have constrained the query to a specific patient and specific
    > study (whose UID you received either from a previous study level query,
    > or through some out of band communication).
    >
    > Since the standard doesn't really discuss the out of band communication
    > path, it is hierarchical because you have to first query at the top
    > levels, to get (and choose) the unique Id values for the lower values.
    >
    > You're not supposed to allow matching on mixes of attributes at
    > different levels in the hierarchy (no mixing of Study Date and Series
    > Modality in a single query) unless you're supporting relational model
    > queries - but many SCP's in fact do a straight mapping of the match
    > keys to to a relational query, and don't enforce either the unique
    > value for parent entities or restriction of not mixing match keys at
    > different levels

+ Reply to Thread