Conquest amd MySQL 5.x - DICOM

This is a discussion on Conquest amd MySQL 5.x - DICOM ; Is there anyone out there using Conquest dicom server along with MySQL version 5? Is the native MySQL support recently introduced in Conquest significantly more efficieent that using the ODBC interface? Would like to exchange info and experiences. Chris...

  1. Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    Is there anyone out there using Conquest dicom server along with MySQL
    version 5?

    Is the native MySQL support recently introduced in Conquest
    significantly more efficieent that using the ODBC interface?

    Would like to exchange info and experiences.

    Chris

  2. Re: Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    Hi Cris,

    Chris wrote:
    > Is there anyone out there using Conquest dicom server along with MySQL
    > version 5?

    Yes, I run Conquest 1.4.10 with MySql 5.0.18 over ODBC with database
    size about 150000 images now. The only non-trivial config step was,
    AFAIR, to increase the number of available tcpip ports by tuning
    Windows registry. Instructions were found somewhere on the mysql site.

    Andrej

  3. Re: Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    Andrej,

    Thanks for your help. So you're not using the native MySQL dll that
    recent Conquest versions speak of? Do you think there would be much
    difference? My main concern is in the original indexing speed rather
    than subsequent lookups. I hope to store a few million dicom files for
    archival retrieval. The system, once loaded up, would have few users
    and not much traffic.

    Chris

    Andrej Savelov wrote:
    > Hi Cris,
    >
    > Chris wrote:
    > > Is there anyone out there using Conquest dicom server along with MySQL
    > > version 5?

    > Yes, I run Conquest 1.4.10 with MySql 5.0.18 over ODBC with database
    > size about 150000 images now. The only non-trivial config step was,
    > AFAIR, to increase the number of available tcpip ports by tuning
    > Windows registry. Instructions were found somewhere on the mysql site.
    >
    > Andrej

  4. Re: Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    The first thing I did setting up the storage was feeding Conquest+MySql
    with a few million of images to check overall stability and
    scalability. Using dcmtk toolkit I made a bunch of artificial studies
    with random patient data, each of them containing some series with some
    images with overall structure resembling my future dataflow.
    So, I probably know the answer you need - Conquest+MySql work quite
    fast and stable. The process run overnight filling 2x200Gb disk array
    and the limiting stage was on dcmtk side.
    I did not try the native dll, first, because it is suggested to use
    MySql 4 while I have working MySql 5, second, because there is a
    strange problem with Conquest 1.4.11 in my environment and I simply
    can't use it.

    Wish you success.

    Andrej

    Chris wrote:
    > Andrej,
    >
    > Thanks for your help. So you're not using the native MySQL dll that
    > recent Conquest versions speak of? Do you think there would be much
    > difference? My main concern is in the original indexing speed rather
    > than subsequent lookups. I hope to store a few million dicom files for
    > archival retrieval. The system, once loaded up, would have few users
    > and not much traffic.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > Andrej Savelov wrote:
    > > Hi Cris,
    > >
    > > Chris wrote:
    > > > Is there anyone out there using Conquest dicom server along with MySQL
    > > > version 5?

    > > Yes, I run Conquest 1.4.10 with MySql 5.0.18 over ODBC with database
    > > size about 150000 images now. The only non-trivial config step was,
    > > AFAIR, to increase the number of available tcpip ports by tuning
    > > Windows registry. Instructions were found somewhere on the mysql site.
    > >
    > > Andrej

  5. Re: Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    Chris wrote:
    > Andrej,
    >
    > Thanks for your help. So you're not using the native MySQL dll that
    > recent Conquest versions speak of? Do you think there would be much
    > difference? My main concern is in the original indexing speed rather
    > than subsequent lookups. I hope to store a few million dicom files for
    > archival retrieval. The system, once loaded up, would have few users
    > and not much traffic.
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > Andrej Savelov wrote:
    > > Hi Cris,
    > >
    > > Chris wrote:
    > > > Is there anyone out there using Conquest dicom server along with MySQL
    > > > version 5?

    > > Yes, I run Conquest 1.4.10 with MySql 5.0.18 over ODBC with database
    > > size about 150000 images now. The only non-trivial config step was,
    > > AFAIR, to increase the number of available tcpip ports by tuning
    > > Windows registry. Instructions were found somewhere on the mysql site.
    > >
    > > Andrej

  6. Re: Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    Andrej,

    Thank you very much for the information. I wish you continued success.

    Chris

    Andrej Savelov wrote:
    > The first thing I did setting up the storage was feeding Conquest+MySql
    > with a few million of images to check overall stability and
    > scalability. Using dcmtk toolkit I made a bunch of artificial studies
    > with random patient data, each of them containing some series with some
    > images with overall structure resembling my future dataflow.
    > So, I probably know the answer you need - Conquest+MySql work quite
    > fast and stable. The process run overnight filling 2x200Gb disk array
    > and the limiting stage was on dcmtk side.
    > I did not try the native dll, first, because it is suggested to use
    > MySql 4 while I have working MySql 5, second, because there is a
    > strange problem with Conquest 1.4.11 in my environment and I simply
    > can't use it.
    >
    > Wish you success.
    >
    > Andrej
    >
    > Chris wrote:
    > > Andrej,
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help. So you're not using the native MySQL dll that
    > > recent Conquest versions speak of? Do you think there would be much
    > > difference? My main concern is in the original indexing speed rather
    > > than subsequent lookups. I hope to store a few million dicom files for
    > > archival retrieval. The system, once loaded up, would have few users
    > > and not much traffic.
    > >
    > > Chris
    > >
    > > Andrej Savelov wrote:
    > > > Hi Cris,

    > > > Yes, I run Conquest 1.4.10 with MySql 5.0.18 over ODBC with database
    > > > size about 150000 images now. The only non-trivial config step was,
    > > > AFAIR, to increase the number of available tcpip ports by tuning
    > > > Windows registry. Instructions were found somewhere on the mysql site.
    > > >
    > > > Andrej

  7. Re: Conquest amd MySQL 5.x

    I am running Conquest 1.4.11 with MySQL 5.0 with roundabout 300 GB
    datastorage, to this day its running stable and fast.
    I am building a redundant system with MSSQL2000 as a datadase.

+ Reply to Thread