Hello,

With the DICOM standard it looks to me like the "Visit Identification
Module" would be the apropriate place to identify remote facilities by
some sort of Facility ID and Facility Name. Does this sound accurate to
others?

Where would one identify a facility by an ID and Name together? I dont
see institution name or institutional department name working out here
because the would be specific department. The Institution Name might
help out but what about an ID.

I guess my question is asking is what is commonly used or in the DICOM
standard to be used so a hospital with multiple remote facilities can
identify themselves in the DICOM header of the study objects they
create? I suppose Institution Name might help but it is either a type 2
or 3 in the standard so there is change it will never arrive.

Thanks for your help and feedback.