Digitex Alpha Format - DICOM

This is a discussion on Digitex Alpha Format - DICOM ; Hello Has anybody come across the format which "Digitex Alpha" useto store an Angio study? It is very near to the DICOM format but not exactly it is. I tried to use the DICOM Tools software to convert it into ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Digitex Alpha Format

  1. Digitex Alpha Format

    Hello

    Has anybody come across the format which "Digitex Alpha" useto store an
    Angio study? It is very near to the DICOM format but not exactly it is.
    I tried to use the DICOM Tools software to convert it into DICOM3 but
    it didnt work

    Regards,
    Prashant


  2. Re: Digitex Alpha Format

    Prash,
    send your file to my yahoo id(alwittta@yahoo.com) as a zip file.

    regards
    alwittta


    Prash wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Has anybody come across the format which "Digitex Alpha" useto store an
    > Angio study? It is very near to the DICOM format but not exactly it is.
    > I tried to use the DICOM Tools software to convert it into DICOM3 but
    > it didnt work
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant



  3. Re: Digitex Alpha Format


    Please open the file on the DicomWorks
    Software(http://dicom.online.fr/) You can see the tag information
    there.
    But image doesnot come.


  4. Re: Digitex Alpha Format

    Alvin

    You are right all the tags are in DICOM format. But they have not kept
    pixel data in DICOM format. I want to decode that data.

    Regards,
    Prashant

    alvin wrote:
    > Please open the file on the DicomWorks
    > Software(http://dicom.online.fr/) You can see the tag information
    > there.
    > But image doesnot come.



  5. Re: Digitex Alpha Format

    Hi
    I was trying to work on the same data

    All the tags before pixel data are in DICOM. After all the DICOM tags
    for 0028 series a proprietary series starts (6b03) in which image start
    offsets and actual pixel data is stored.

    Pixel data must be compressed as in DICOM tags the transfer syntax is
    mentioned as compressed. But JPEG markers (FF D8) and huffman table is
    missing.

    Another interesting thing. Bits allocated are 16, Bits stored are 12
    and high bit is 15.

    I still could not decode the pixel data as the whole huffman table is
    missing.

    Regards,
    Prashant
    Prash wrote:
    > Alvin
    >
    > You are right all the tags are in DICOM format. But they have not kept
    > pixel data in DICOM format. I want to decode that data.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant
    >
    > alvin wrote:
    > > Please open the file on the DicomWorks
    > > Software(http://dicom.online.fr/) You can see the tag information
    > > there.
    > > But image doesnot come.



  6. Re: Digitex Alpha Format

    Hi,

    can you send the file to me too? I'm writing an open source Dicom
    library (Imebra) and I would like to make it compatible with the
    broadest range of Dicom "dialects".

    Thank you in advance and have a nice day.
    Paolo Brandoli


    Prash wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Has anybody come across the format which "Digitex Alpha" useto store an
    > Angio study? It is very near to the DICOM format but not exactly it is.
    > I tried to use the DICOM Tools software to convert it into DICOM3 but
    > it didnt work
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant



  7. Re: Digitex Alpha Format

    Thanks for the image opcy. Here is what I get with GDCM:

    $ PrintFile filein=Run11


    D 0002|0000 [UL]
    [Group Length] [134]
    D 0002|0001 [OB] [File Meta
    Information Version] [gdcm::Binary data loaded;length = 2]
    D 0002|0002 [UI] [Media Storage
    SOP Class UID] [1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.12.1] ==> [X-Ray
    Angiographic Image Storage]
    D 0002|0003 [UI] [Media Storage SOP
    Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000.4.109]
    D 0002|0010 [UI]
    [Transfer Syntax UID] [1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70] ==> [JPEG Lossless,
    Non-Hierarchical, First-Order Prediction (Process 14 [Selection Value
    1])]
    D 0002|0012 [UI]
    [Implementation Class UID] [999.999 ]
    D 0008|0008 [CS]
    [Image Type] [ORIGINAL\PRIMARY\SINGLE PLANE ]
    D 0008|0016 [UI]
    [SOP Class UID] [1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.12.1] ==> [X-Ray
    Angiographic Image Storage]
    D 0008|0018 [UI] [SOP
    Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000.4.109]
    D 0008|0020 [DA]
    [Study Date] [20031215]
    D 0008|0023 [DA]
    [Content Date] [20031215]
    D 0008|0030 [TM]
    [Study Time] [111310]
    D 0008|0033 [TM]
    [Content Time] []
    D 0008|0050 [SH]
    [Accession Number] [01]
    D 0008|0060 [CS]
    [Modality] [XA]
    D 0008|0070 [LO]
    [Manufacturer] [ABCDRFGH]
    D 0008|0080 [LO]
    [Institution Name] [ABCD HOSPITAL. ]
    D 0008|0081 [ST]
    [Institution Address] []
    D 0008|0090 [PN] [Referring
    Physician's Name] []
    D 0008|1030 [LO]
    [Study Description] []
    D 0008|103e [LO]
    [Series Description] []
    D 0008|1050 [PN] [Performing
    Physician's Name] []
    D 0010|0010 [PN]
    [Patient's Name] [ABCDATA FORMAT ]
    D 0010|0020 [LO]
    [Patient ID] [03-2560 ]
    D 0010|0040 [CS]
    [Patient's Sex] [M ]
    D 0018|1063 [DS]
    [Frame Time] [66]
    D 0020|000d [UI] [Study
    Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000]
    D 0020|000e [UI] [Series
    Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000.4]
    D 0020|0010 [SH]
    [Study ID] [20031215111310]
    D 0020|0011 [IS]
    [Series Number] [3 ]
    D 0020|0013 [IS]
    [Instance Number] [3 ]
    D 0020|0020 [CS]
    [Patient Orientation] []
    D 0020|4000 [LT]
    [Image Comments] [PTCA STENT]
    D 0028|0002 [US]
    [Samples per Pixel] [1]
    D 0028|0004 [CS] [Photometric
    Interpretation] [MONOCHROME2 ]
    D 0028|0008 [IS]
    [Number of Frames] [11]
    D 0028|0009 [AT] [Frame
    Increment Pointer] [gdcm::Binary data loaded;length = 4]
    D 0028|0010 [US]
    [Rows] [1024]
    D 0028|0011 [US]
    [Columns] [1024]
    D 0028|0100 [US]
    [Bits Allocated] [16]
    D 0028|0101 [US]
    [Bits Stored] [12]
    D 0028|0102 [US]
    [High Bit] [15]
    D 0028|0103 [US] [Pixel
    Representation] [0]
    D 00ff|4aa5 [ ]
    [gdcm::Unknown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]
    D 6b03|0000 [UL]
    [Group Length] [64652]
    D 6b03|0021 [LO]
    [gdcm::Unknown] [SFS1.00 ]
    D 6b03|2100 [OB]
    [gdcm::Unknown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]
    D 6b03|2101 [OB]
    [gdcm::Unknown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]




    dataSize 0
    dataSizeRaw 0
    DIMX=1024 DIMY=1024 DIMZ=11
    pixelType= [16U] SamplesPerPixel= [1] PhotometricInterpretation=
    [MONOCHROME2 ]
    NumberOfScalarComponents = 1
    LUT = FALSE
    TransferSyntaxName= [JPEG Lossless, Non-Hierarchical, First-Order
    Prediction (Process 14 [Selection Value 1])]
    SwapCode= 1234
    ------
    Orientation [gdcm::Unfound]

    Run11 doesn't look like an image file


    Prash wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Has anybody come across the format which "Digitex Alpha" useto store an
    > Angio study? It is very near to the DICOM format but not exactly it is.
    > I tried to use the DICOM Tools software to convert it into DICOM3 but
    > it didnt work
    >
    > Regards,
    > Prashant



  8. Re: Digitex Alpha Format

    Thanks Mathieu
    As I have already said file is perfectly DICOM till the 0028 series
    tags after that it starts with the proprietary data. In that data the
    actual pixel data is stored. If you try to read the file closely there
    is a section where lots of "FF FF" are there. Before these FFs I
    think offsets to the frames are stored. The first image always starts
    at 0x010000 offset.
    Best of Luck
    Regards,
    Prashant

    Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
    > Thanks for the image opcy. Here is what I get with GDCM:
    >
    > $ PrintFile filein=Run11
    >
    >
    > D 0002|0000 [UL]
    > [Group Length] [134]
    > D 0002|0001 [OB] [File Meta
    > Information Version] [gdcm::Binary data loaded;length = 2]
    > D 0002|0002 [UI] [Media Storage
    > SOP Class UID] [1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.12.1] ==> [X-Ray
    > Angiographic Image Storage]
    > D 0002|0003 [UI] [Media Storage SOP
    > Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000.4.109]
    > D 0002|0010 [UI]
    > [Transfer Syntax UID] [1.2.840.10008.1.2.4.70] ==> [JPEG Lossless,
    > Non-Hierarchical, First-Order Prediction (Process 14 [Selection Value
    > 1])]
    > D 0002|0012 [UI]
    > [Implementation Class UID] [999.999 ]
    > D 0008|0008 [CS]
    > [Image Type] [ORIGINAL\PRIMARY\SINGLE PLANE ]
    > D 0008|0016 [UI]
    > [SOP Class UID] [1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.12.1] ==> [X-Ray
    > Angiographic Image Storage]
    > D 0008|0018 [UI] [SOP
    > Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000.4.109]
    > D 0008|0020 [DA]
    > [Study Date] [20031215]
    > D 0008|0023 [DA]
    > [Content Date] [20031215]
    > D 0008|0030 [TM]
    > [Study Time] [111310]
    > D 0008|0033 [TM]
    > [Content Time] []
    > D 0008|0050 [SH]
    > [Accession Number] [01]
    > D 0008|0060 [CS]
    > [Modality] [XA]
    > D 0008|0070 [LO]
    > [Manufacturer] [ABCDRFGH]
    > D 0008|0080 [LO]
    > [Institution Name] [ABCD HOSPITAL. ]
    > D 0008|0081 [ST]
    > [Institution Address] []
    > D 0008|0090 [PN] [Referring
    > Physician's Name] []
    > D 0008|1030 [LO]
    > [Study Description] []
    > D 0008|103e [LO]
    > [Series Description] []
    > D 0008|1050 [PN] [Performing
    > Physician's Name] []
    > D 0010|0010 [PN]
    > [Patient's Name] [ABCDATA FORMAT ]
    > D 0010|0020 [LO]
    > [Patient ID] [03-2560 ]
    > D 0010|0040 [CS]
    > [Patient's Sex] [M ]
    > D 0018|1063 [DS]
    > [Frame Time] [66]
    > D 0020|000d [UI] [Study
    > Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000]
    > D 0020|000e [UI] [Series
    > Instance UID] [999.999.1.19941016.83000.4]
    > D 0020|0010 [SH]
    > [Study ID] [20031215111310]
    > D 0020|0011 [IS]
    > [Series Number] [3 ]
    > D 0020|0013 [IS]
    > [Instance Number] [3 ]
    > D 0020|0020 [CS]
    > [Patient Orientation] []
    > D 0020|4000 [LT]
    > [Image Comments] [PTCA STENT]
    > D 0028|0002 [US]
    > [Samples per Pixel] [1]
    > D 0028|0004 [CS] [Photometric
    > Interpretation] [MONOCHROME2 ]
    > D 0028|0008 [IS]
    > [Number of Frames] [11]
    > D 0028|0009 [AT] [Frame
    > Increment Pointer] [gdcm::Binary data loaded;length = 4]
    > D 0028|0010 [US]
    > [Rows] [1024]
    > D 0028|0011 [US]
    > [Columns] [1024]
    > D 0028|0100 [US]
    > [Bits Allocated] [16]
    > D 0028|0101 [US]
    > [Bits Stored] [12]
    > D 0028|0102 [US]
    > [High Bit] [15]
    > D 0028|0103 [US] [Pixel
    > Representation] [0]
    > D 00ff|4aa5 [ ]
    > [gdcm::Unknown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]
    > D 6b03|0000 [UL]
    > [Group Length] [64652]
    > D 6b03|0021 [LO]
    > [gdcm::Unknown] [SFS1.00 ]
    > D 6b03|2100 [OB]
    > [gdcm::Unknown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]
    > D 6b03|2101 [OB]
    > [gdcm::Unknown] [gdcm::NotLoaded]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > dataSize 0
    > dataSizeRaw 0
    > DIMX=1024 DIMY=1024 DIMZ=11
    > pixelType= [16U] SamplesPerPixel= [1] PhotometricInterpretation=
    > [MONOCHROME2 ]
    > NumberOfScalarComponents = 1
    > LUT = FALSE
    > TransferSyntaxName= [JPEG Lossless, Non-Hierarchical, First-Order
    > Prediction (Process 14 [Selection Value 1])]
    > SwapCode= 1234
    > ------
    > Orientation [gdcm::Unfound]
    >
    > Run11 doesn't look like an image file
    >
    >
    > Prash wrote:
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Has anybody come across the format which "Digitex Alpha" useto store an
    > > Angio study? It is very near to the DICOM format but not exactly it is.
    > > I tried to use the DICOM Tools software to convert it into DICOM3 but
    > > it didnt work
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Prashant



+ Reply to Thread